ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ouch !!!!

197 F1 / Disco 3
image.jpeg
Backing into the crash barrier is not a good idea !!
First hot lap at Snetterton today and lost the back end and spun off

To top it all the bloody car lock the keys inside , no spare key .......

New back axle ordered of flea bay ,, how difficult is it to change ??
image.jpeg

197 F1 / Disco 3
1st outing in the Clio , normal drives a 330 m sport rear wheel drive , can only think I lifted of the gas mid corner and she bit me , just spun out nothing I could do .....

172 Ph1
Ouch sad times :
where abouts was your off just out of interest .

Handbrake cables off , flexy hoses off , make sure you spray up the axle nuts and bolts securing it to the car as I've heard they can be a right ball ache to undo .
If the rear shocks haven't been off in a while , spray those good and proper also.

197 F1 / Disco 3
Ouch sad times :
where abouts was your off just out of interest .

Handbrake cables off , flexy hoses off , make sure you spray up the axle nuts and bolts securing it to the car as I've heard they can be a right ball ache to undo .
If the rear shocks haven't been off in a while , spray those good and proper also.
Third corner , first left handler in the new section ,

mk1 Octavia VRS
Budget tyres won't have helped! I would recommend a matching set or at least matching pairs across an axle before venturing back out.

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Re: the nuts holding the beam to the chassis. The tops of the bolts are inside the car and can spin. If they do, you'll need a mate with a pair of mole grips to hold them from inside the car.

Plenty of penetration fluid on them beforehand as well.

197 F1 / Disco 3
Budget tyres won't have helped! I would recommend a matching set or at least matching pairs across an axle before venturing back out.

Not sure what they are on the back , they are both the same and new , the front 2 are conti sports , perhaps should have had them on rear and shite ones on the front , !!!

197 F1 / Disco 3
Re: the nuts holding the beam to the chassis. The tops of the bolts are inside the car and can spin. If they do, you'll need a mate with a pair of mole grips to hold them from inside the car.

Plenty of penetration fluid on them beforehand as well.
That's great , backs stripped out so should be ok , does the fuel tank need to come off ??

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
That's great , backs stripped out so should be ok , does the fuel tank need to come off ??

Nope. Me and a mate changed the rear beam bushes on mine recently. The worst bits were the brake lines, as the unions tend to turn to cheese. A proper set of brake flared spanners would've been ideal!

mk1 Octavia VRS
Not sure what they are on the back , they are both the same and new , the front 2 are conti sports , perhaps should have had them on rear and shite ones on the front , !!!
You'll probably be understeering all over the place, but that's safer than spinning into a barrier. :)
You could do that to give you a taster, but if you're going to be tracking it a lot then I would recommend getting some 15" wheels and a matching set of decent tyres.

197 F1 / Disco 3
You'll probably be understeering all over the place, but that's safer than spinning into a barrier. :smile:
You could do that to give you a taster, but if you're going to be tracking it a lot then I would recommend getting some 15" wheels and a matching set of decent tyres.
That sounds like a plan ,

Clio 172
Ouch! My dad was speaking to your mate David Knights, and he said about being up Snetterton yesterday following you in a Clio also! Small world!

197 F1 / Disco 3
Anyone know of any one handy with a hammer to straighten this out ?? Not worried about paint just need dents out ...... Cars in North Walsham ...

197 F1 / Disco 3
Ok chaps it was probably shite tyres which done this so what are your recommendations on a reasonably priced track only tyre ??
I have read through all the threads on tyres and am struggling... Can't afford to spend £600 on a set with the repairs I have ... Budget around £300 for a set ....

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Ironic that you can't afford to spend top money on tyres because you have to repair your damaged car.
That you crashed because it had cheap Chinese tyres on it... Lol!!

Fit some 15 inch wheels, the tyres are much cheaper.

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
Ironic that you can't afford to spend top money on tyres because you have to repair your damaged car.
That you crashed because it had cheap Chinese tyres on it... Lol!!

Fit some 15 inch wheels, the tyres are much cheaper.

This. Scour eBay for part worn decent track tyres, or go annoy people at testing days, etc.