ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Orca Group N and noise limits at track?

Track 172 Cup
Looking at swapping my Powerflow with sports cat to a Orcea group N does anyone have one on their track car and do you have any issues with noise limits Orcea says 94db @4.5k rpm not sure one weight saving, I mainly do Oulton but tying to venture out further now I have a new trailer. It's either this one or I wait and save some money and get a PMS exhaust weighing 9.9kg saves about 10kg and 93db @4.5k rpm. I have the PMS top mounts and brace, shifter and that stuff is very good so would assume the exhaust follows suit. Just there is an Orcea in the for sale at almost half the price of he PMS which I gather will be like rocking horse poo to get 2nd hand and probably not far off new price anyway lol judging by the way it holds its value (PMS stuff)

Clio 172 Merc ML55
I've just put an oreca on my 172, I bought a cheap decibel meter and it's reading 94-95db @ 4.5k with cat still fitted. Haven't been on track yet but figures seem pretty accurate

Not sure of the exact weight but it is light, very light compared to standard system

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I am looking to replace my ktec stealth with a PMS system soon. I like the Oreca systems( they do sound good) but they have build quality issues.

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
I had an oreca group n with the decat on my 172 and was pushing 101db at snetterton, had a lovely sound but slowly got louder over time, i replaced it with a twin silenced PMS exhaust which was a lot quieter, it lost the drone on the motorway, was near enough silent on idle but had a nice deep tone to it under load, the PMS exhaust at bedford consistently got around the 83-85db mark at most tracks.

Track 172 Cup
Think I'll be waiting and go for a PMS then not to fussed on noise just don't wanna have to miss a track day due to noise issues. I only use it on track so drone etc isn't an issue for me. But as you say the PMS doesn't so win win.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
The oreca will be loud, too loud for the likes of cadwell imo, or atleast very close.

Ive had a pms on the flamer which carl owns. Best exhaust ive owned to date. Dear but a fit and forget exhaust

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Stu,i have a as new pms straight centre pipe here,perfect cond if you want it.You can buy rear box separate.Best exhaust over ktax etc.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
The oreca will be loud, too loud for the likes of cadwell imo, or atleast very close.

Ive had a pms on the flamer which carl owns. Best exhaust ive owned to date. Dear but a fit and forget exhaust

Was the PMS system unsilenced mate, If so how loud was it?

Just trying to decide arm whether or not to get a silenced or unsilenced PMS system

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
The silenced pms with decat is quiet,no drone meaty when pressing on.Honestly the unsilenced is still quiet inside from drivers side with no drone in cabin,its loud from outside.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
The silenced pms with decat is quiet,no drone meaty when pressing on.Honestly the unsilenced is still quiet inside from drivers side with no drone in cabin,its loud from outside.

Good stuff, my main concern was how loud it is when sat on the motorway crusing, as I still drive it to the 'ring /track days

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Hi the silenced system imo is very quiet compared to ktecs silenced stealth system.The unsilenced system is loud from passenger side,but quiet from drivers if that makes sense.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Hi the silenced system imo is very quiet compared to ktecs silenced stealth system.The unsilenced system is loud from passenger side,but quiet from drivers if that makes sense.

Yes mate that does make sense. I currently have a k-tec stealth system (with centre silencer) and that is quite loud, and very dronny.

Last edited: