ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One for Rich

2.0 Auris
Iam going to be getting my new car soon it will be black i was wondering what the best method is iam not letting the wash it at the dealership cos ive seen that they did to a new demo my dad had and it was terriable.So i was thinking when i get it home is to wash it extra carfuly wash mitt and megs NTX wash then dry it with a DTM cloth then i was thinking of mabey Nattys blue paste the two coats of P21S how dose that sound ?"Rich":)

106 GTi
My wash method on Black ( Overkill though!):

Pre Rinse with a hose then Pre Foam the car down with the Gilmour filled with Megs Shampoo Plus. Then bucket wash mutiple buckets of Car wash solution (depending on what wax the car is wearing) and a couple of lambswool mitts. It takes me about 3-4 buckets to just wash the bodywork alone.

Rinse with the hose and then a couple of cans of AquaGleam filtered water and let it drip dry and then QD.

A polish and glaze will add no end to the looks on black. Waxes alone wont create the ultimate finish which is 90% in the prep.

Waxes wise I started off uisng P21s on mine till I found lots of other waxes look better on Black. I used to use Nattys Blue under Pinnacle Souveran on mine. But have found Swissvax Onyx will create a better look stand alone on Black.

Carefull of the NXT wash on your P21S finish it is strong and strips waxes easily.

106 GTi
Sonax Gloss Shampoo from Vauxhall is hard to beat for the money. Duragloss Wash is also nice.

In Bulk - Megs Shampoo Plus or Hyper Wash

My Current choice and on Carnubas - Swissvax Autobath