ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

On the look out for a track car

You don't know of any threads where this car has beenemtioned do you? For me to have a quick read? Is it well known on the forum to keep clear of?

Unfortunately not mate, i saw quite a lot posted on the CSOC Facebook page, but yeah a while ago and unfortunately i didn't look much into it.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
I can echo what @Mash. has said in that I remember seeing it on CSOC on Facebook but didn't read what was being said, could have been good or bad??.

For me personally having seen the kind of problems that can occur with engine conversions in general I'd do my own rather than buy one that's been done, at least that way you know what has or hasn't been done and where any weak spots lie, I'm not saying the one in the link hasn't been done well or to a good standard just that for me I'd rather know exactly than take people's word.

I've been bitten hard before by buying with no history, and it's cost me more in the long run, I'm not trying to put you off the car in the link, just sharing my view

Ads

There was definitely a problem previously about it chewing up belts, so being rebuilt a couple of times down to this.

But didn't read to much into it as above.

Ino your not trying to put me off Iknow all your help is massively appreciated I don't know my way around clio engines at all, any of you have a link to the Facebook page tried to search for it just can't see it , I would love to buy a standard 172/182 and do it all myself but just don't have the time to be honest would just rather buy one track ready for weekends and have fun, not buy something that I'm going to have trouble with constantly because I just won't end up using it for what iv bought it for ,

Unfortunately this is probably not the one for you if you don't want the hassle.
Fun for when it lasts.

I believe there is 2 groups , the main CSOC and a scottish one.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
For the money that's being asked for it I'd probably opt to buy a well looked after track orientated cup with a stack of receipts and history, may not have the bhp figures of a 225 conversion but chances are it'll still be going and be reliable for much longer.

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
This was seen at the last knockhill outing of the year being towed home..... Have no idea what for, could have been something very simple of course.....