ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OMP Strut Brace

Hi,

I got OMP Strut Brace, but when I fitted it I have problems to close down the cover!

How to solve that problem?

Please help!

DEJAN

ummmmm what ave you done?

ive got the latest omp strut brace and it fitted perfectly first time.

which brace have you got the first type that goes around the shock rubber mount or the later type that you drill and screw in?

Grant - do you have the OMP part number for the one that goes around the shock mount rubber? I need to see the fixing type, cos I want to do one myself but have never been able to get hold of a strut brace which doesnt need bolting in.

Clio 1.6 16V

Roamer: A strut brace that is not bolted in or mechanically fixed to the turrets by some other means (eg. welding) is a waste of time in terms of enhancing handling performance (due to flex in the rubber top mounts). OK though if you only want it for looks only ;) You may already know this but thought I would advise anyway.

when i ordered mine, nick from DT told me there was a new one being disigned that bolted in to replace the rubber mounted type,so i held off.

the flying scott is right, to get the best it MUST to bolted structurally to the car.that rubber shock/swivel mount will have way to much play in it.rubber mount to brace to rubber mount again? you could measure that play with a ruler.

as for your question the part numbers havent changed,sorry.

I actually want one made which sits through the hole in the top of the strut tower and just gets held down by the strut cap, I think its possible, and if I can get the design tollerances just right with a slight tapering it should tap fit and stay set in place solidly - I think, but I want to know it any company has done this....I wish I had a decent design package with me cos I could pull out a diagram of what Im after....... maybe I should just try and get my hands on the Clio Cup Racers coilover kit and OMP MA/1850 strut brace..... Hmmmmmmm

Ive checked everywhere and the super 1600 is completely different. Theres no chance the struts will fit :-(

In fact theres little chance anything mechanical will fit....