ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not declaring a Cat LQ 182

E class AMG Sport
Does anybody know of this car? http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...lt-clio-x65-renaultsport-182-16v-2005/3036350

Looks a nice example and the owner told me it was Hpi clear but after a check I have found out it was a Cat C write off in July this year. I text him to inform him this and he seems to think it's not an issue and that it's better than it would have been before which is ridiculous. Surely this should be in the advert? He's since text calling me a Clown probably because he has been busted.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
its a fair whack for a cat c, if you can do a full inspection on the car and find out what the damage was you can usually get a good car for a decent price, but that i think is quite high. My car is a Cat c, but i knew the previous owner, i was able to give it a full going over before hand and investigated the damage and subsequent repair work. The price was good and i was happy to take it. there are company's that offer an inspection if you wanted to go that way but for the same price im sure you could get another LY. im sure knowing about it but not declaring the fact its a write off is a big no no?

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Up to seller to declare or not in the advert.
But...
If asked he has to be honest.

Sounds like a prize satchel though claiming it to be hpi clear, surely if it wasnt you'd just not mention it!

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
its a fair whack for a cat c, if you can do a full inspection on the car and find out what the damage was you can usually get a good car for a decent price, but that i think is quite high. My car is a Cat c, but i knew the previous owner, i was able to give it a full going over before hand and investigated the damage and subsequent repair work. The price was good and i was happy to take it. there are company's that offer an inspection if you wanted to go that way but for the same price im sure you could get another LY. im sure knowing about it but not declaring the fact its a write off is a big no no?

A LY would be very easy to cat C with a nice labour rate and no discount on anything. The elusive Autolign inspections is the company you refer to.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
True well it could be but a lot depends on when it had the accident? Cat c a ly clio in its first 2 years and it would be a lot of damage do it in the last 2 years and it wouldn't take much at all

E class AMG Sport
I'm not going to touch it now but just want to make sure everyone is aware of it. Some people don't bother to do relevant checks when buying so he might get away with it.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
CAT C is a bad damage plus when you insure it they will value it at about 50p.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
My metro was cat c, that had a cracked rear light cluster.

Not sure the qualifies as bad damage......

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
My metro was cat c, that had a cracked rear light cluster.

Not sure the qualifies as bad damage......
Lol!

Write-off categories
Category A: scrap only. For cars so badly damaged, there are few or no salvageable parts. Should never re-appear on road.

Category B: body shell should be crushed. Signifies extensive damage, although some parts are salvageable. Should never re-appear on road.

Category C: the vehicle is repairable but the costs exceed the vehicle’s value. Can re-appear on road.

Category D: the vehicle is repairable but repair costs are significant compared to the vehicle value. Can re-appear on road.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
I loved it, mine was a 1.1 with the 1.4 16v head and multi point injection, went like a stabbed rat, to 60, then was a fight to 110. Had a rear arb fitted but not a front, so it hopped round corners if you threw it in hard

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I had a 1.4 GTi Metro that I could wheel spin in third in the right conditions.

I thought it was great fun. Until I discovered I'd have been safer riding a nuclear bomb about.

Seller is clearly a berk.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I had a 1.4 GTi Metro that I could wheel spin in third in the right conditions.

I thought it was great fun. Until I discovered I'd have been safer riding a nuclear bomb about.

A good mate had one when we were 17. It used to keep with my Clio 16v to a point! haha