ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

"No Service... Searching". iPhone 4 on 02 :(

320d M Sport
Oh Ffs.

Yesterday my phone started doing this, effectively bricking the phone. When I got home I did a restore, cleaned sim etc. seemed ok. Got up this morning and it's stuck on no service again.

I've looked in eBay and people are selling phones in this state leaving me to believe the phone is fooked?? Yes, no?

It's out of warranty, 02 say their network is running fine.

Did you do a restore and then put it all back?

Do a fresh install. Then see what happens. Sounds more like a network issue to me.

Got any chums with a micro-sim you can test?

320d M Sport
Did you do a restore and then put it all back?

Do a fresh install. Then see what happens. Sounds more like a network issue to me.

Got any chums with a micro-sim you can test?

Gonna test my misses' sim in a few hours.

I thought sounded more like an O2 issue as well. I'll try a fresh install. I wonder if these no service phones on eBay are handsets that have been zapped after being lost or stolen?

320d M Sport
was it Danny? That's interesting..?

So Far:

rest network settings.
Restore (fressh download), then put it all back (via usb comp back up).
Swore at it.
Threw it at sofa.
Loaded p**n to release some stress

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Yes mate! On and off for the best part of a day i recall! Like you i phoned o2 and asked what the craic was - they said everything was okay their end!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
My 3GS does it constantly now. It's got no service now but then it'll search and find reception for about 45 seconds.

When I'm at work I get no service all day, yet I can go out in the car at lunch time and drive on the bypass and get full bars and 3G. Service used to be fine during work too.

Its probably an antenna problem in your phone.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Mine did this and it was the sim card. I got a new one and it never happened again.

DB.

BMW 440i
It will happen multiple times until you buy an iPhone 5.Go on, you know you want to.

Evo 5 RS
Yup, the contacts on the o2 micro sims are poo. Give it a bit of a clean with a rubber. The pencil variety that is lol