ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No power when cold?

Clio 172 Ph2
Untill the engine warms up, on lower revs, my 172 doesn't seem to have any power, no matter what gear! And its not a smooth delivery of power when u do get it, it jumps up the revs. However it idle's fine and its ok when warmed up. when i changed the plugs i did notice that the cold air pipe to the air filter is missing, could this be why? or any other idea's caus i dont know too much about cars, i just like dirving them! Thanks in advance...

clio 172 cup
the clio hasnt got a oil temp gauge its a coolant gauge, wait 10mins r abit more b4 driving fast

It's A Reno
They're all lumpy as fcuk until they get warmed up and as above, should be driven pretty easy for at least 10 mins to ensure it's warmed up properly.

Clio 172 Ph2
Ok thanks, i just thought i would check, didn't want to be doing damage! But thanks for clearing that up...

thats the way all high performance cars are

u are supposed to let the oil come up to temp before u thrash them

clio 182
thats the way all high performance cars are

u are supposed to let the oil come up to temp before u thrash them

as above and if the car has been thrashed let it tick over 4 2-3mins b4 switching it off just to let everything cool down