ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No more budget tyres

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Sounds like it would be impossible to police though , except come MOT time .

Might not be good for the consumer though as the tyre manufacturers could slap on a big price increase knowing that people will have to buy their tyres and not a cheaper alternative .

I guess it's a case of watch this space and see what happens .

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
The article is about cars with energy saver tyres... nothing to do with clios :S

Yeah your right , lol .

I read the first bit and that's what stuck in my mind ;)

" If the EU’s latest eco proposals are agreed, owners will no longer be able to shop around for budget brands. Instead, they will have to switch worn-out rubber with the manufacturer’s preferred original make of tyre. "

Now read it all again :eek:

M2 Competition
It is amazing how many people fit bad tyres to a sports car in order to save money though... its as bad as the people that buy cliosports and only ever use them on dual carriageways and the like.

172 Race Car
could just keep the oe tyres in the shed and dust them off come mot time, like some people do with cat's

Not that I buy budget tyres, but forcing people to buy certain tyres because other tyres are 'energy savers' is taking the piss.. I'm getting fed up of all this climate change stuff! Is it really going to make that much difference :S