ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie & racing / corner weighting

Hi All,

I've been reading quietly for a while and am hoping/trying to build up a car that I hope to race next year. I'll start a separate build thread with more detail but I am at Snetterton next Monday and really trying to get the car at least trackday ready for its first outing. I've done a search and can't find any details on corner weighting. There is a garage locally that has all the equipment and look after a few race cars but they asked me do I know what setting id like for the weighting! I have no idea hence why I'm here. I had assumed that it would be best to try and set the car so that it's as evenly weight distributed as possible but thought best to check.

I've read a lot of the other race build threads I could find but any advice would be really appreciated. It's a 172 got all the bits on eBay from a guy who has moved onto a civic & totalled his Clio he previously raced. So basically have an empty 172 cup she'll and a lots of bits out of a ruined car.

Here is how it it looked when collected :s

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443510574.997583.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443510587.097576.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443510601.099189.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443510404.301159.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443510404.301159.jpg
    412.8 KB · Views: 58
  WRX
Did you explain what type of racing you are doing? They probably are on about the crossweight but if circuit racing, then you should go for equal split and adjust if necessary from there. Unequal setups are more towards oval racing generally.

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Probably should of posted in race/track car discussion thread. The racers on here can give you some good advice.

Hello thank you everyone & sorry for posting in the wrong section I'm a bit new at all this! 50/50 it is then and hopefully it'll be done today.

Yes it is the ebay stuff from Thetford. It's now back together & running. (Ignore the wrong number plate, I took the bumper off my 182!)
From this:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443683223.380019.jpg

To this:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443683198.568894.jpg

To this:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443683242.335694.jpg

Clio RS 197
I wanted it to rape it for parts - but the price for too high for me to warrant it. Some good bits on there though, will make a decent car I'm sure!

V6 255 & 182 Turbo
Corner weighting is high on my list for 2016 - how did it go and did you notice a difference?

Hi Iain, as I built the car up from scratch I hadn't driven it properly before it was corner weighted. Also I am a complete novice so not sure I'd have noticed anyway. All I can say is if the car is setup properly then the only thing I can blame is my lack of talent!

V6 255 & 182 Turbo
No worries Alex. Must be reassuring to know it's set up correctly and as you say, one less variable (excuse!) to worry about :up:

Exactly! One thing I have found noticeable though are tire pressures & temperatures. Well worth reading up about recommended pressures at temperature. You probably already have but just throwing it in the mix.