ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie Intoducing And Also Wanting advice

EP3 Civic Type R

Hi- 1st sorry about the essay. Want info on buying a 1.8 valver, any helpful tips etc much obliged but theres a bit about me below etc to.

Just thought id come on here introduce myself etc etc. Im hoping to be a fellow owner in a few days and been looking at thgis board as a guest for a few days and then finally got off my fat arse and registered.

Anyway Im Mish (Michelle) 18, nearly 19 from up near Blackpool. Love doing up cars, got my 1st car when I was 15 to do up, done all my cars myself and am currently searching for a nice mint, near standard 1.8 valver to play with. Love the standard look of them with the beefy wide arches etc.

Few pics of my cars anyway, all were sold on, not wrote off (Im sure thats a dissapointment for all those people who love novas so much!!!!)

Stripped out nova, not to most peoples tastes im sure but as a 1st car I built all myself apart from paint job-it was an ok 1st motor!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v46/Nova_Gurl/Nova/000_0692.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v46/Nova_Gurl/Nova/000_0753.jpg

Pug 306d Turbo

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v46/Nova_Gurl/000_1173.jpg

Nova Gsi- The reason why a clio seems the next step up on the car ladder :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v725/cossiekiller/Picture061.jpg

any tips or hints etc with buying a valver would be much appreciated, looking forward to using the site (sorry about the Essay!)

Cheers,Mish

[Edited by Mish_16V on 18 April 2005 at 11:24pm]

[Edited by Mish_16V on 18 April 2005 at 11:29pm]

[Edited by Mish_16V on 18 April 2005 at 11:33pm]

[Edited by Mish_16V on 18 April 2005 at 11:36pm]

EP3 Civic Type R

Lol sleazing already, i dont no!!!

Can any admin help on the piccies of the cars? Dont seem to be working my end?!

Ziel Nurburgring

Watch out the sharks, the forum is infested.

Welcome to the forum, half the pictures dont work, and there are loads of Valver owners that will surely help you out

EP3 Civic Type R

think ive sorted the pics now? I cant wait to own a valver, seriously hoping to pick one up this week, been waiting a while now and theres a few minters about at the moment that I want to take a look at. :)

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Loving that white Nova... did I just write that? Yes.... oh dear. lol. :) Welcome mate

EP3 Civic Type R

Lol the white nova always gets that reaction for some reason, think theres just "something about it". Was only a 1.2 though so really let it down in that sense.ta for all the friendly welcomes!

Novas and the Pug looks very nice to be fair.

Replied in your other post about valver advice....

Oh, hello and welcome to ClioSport by the way!

EP3 Civic Type R

Yeh cheers tom, had a look at the guides etc on the home page, some pretty good and helpful stuff there.

thanks for the nice welcome all!

(Ps Pug d Turbo is for sale at the moment, to make room on the drive for a clio) ;)

lol, i remember you, crazy girl from roybacer... welcome to CS

really liked your GSI was a minter ( i see you got rid of the all the minty green ;) )

must ... read... post...

[Edited by TriO on 4/19/2005 11:26:45 AM]

welcome mish! hopefully u find ur dream 16v soon! top choice in motor ive been out in a few and even the knackred ones are still good fun!

like ur past motors ! some top work! im a big old skool nova fan so u won my heart already!

maybe see ya @ fcs if u get a clio in time!

al.

320d

Welcome to cliosport

IMO you get what you pay for when buying a valver

Theyve reached the age where if theyve been ragged about and not serviced properly they will cause you problems. Due to the lack of space under the bonnet problems tend to end up being expensive

Common basic problems are rusty rear arches, noisy power steering and leaky sunroofs

The essentials things to check for are: cambelt change, gear selection problems, jumping out of gear

Check the oil temp/pressure and level gauges on the centre console

The oil level will only register when the key is in the ignition

The pressures obviously reduce as the car warms through. When warm the pressure should read 3bar at 30mph in 3rd gear

Cracked front springs are also common

In terms of body work a heavily stone chipped bonnet is always a bad sign as the car has probably been raced about

You might struggle to fine an almost standard example as most are modded

Where abouts are you? if youre anywhere near newcastle upon tyne id gladly show you mine or go and look at a car with you

EP3 Civic Type R

clio 16v 1996, thats so very much for the offer mate but im down in sunny (*yeh rite!) Blackpool. Although ur advice is really good and ill bear it all in mind.

Not guna rush in as Im planning on keeping the valver for at least a year or 2, now im earning well i can experiment more with things that are a bit more costly, ie engine tuning etc! Not after standard as standard more standard looking, imo why ruin such a good thing with proper lairy bodykits!

Cheers for all the welcomes etc, your all a friendly bunch ;)

silver valver/hybrid

Quote: Originally posted by Mish_16V on 19 April 2005

clio 16v 1996, thats so very much for the offer mate but im down in sunny (*yeh rite!) Blackpool. Cheers for all the welcomes etc, your all a friendly bunch ;)
i was in blackpool today and it was actually sunny!

have a look in the for sale section always valvers for sale in there, usually club members take a bit more care/ spend a bit more dosh keeping them tidy, so should easily get a nice un!

EP3 Civic Type R

yeh hold my hands up lol and say it was sunny up here, I work up in Preston and it was a really nice day! Well dont i look like a fool now..start as you mean to go on thats what I say!!!

I am keeping a look out on here, cos there does seem to be some minters!

320d

Think im going to Blackpool for the bank hol weekend or maybe the weekend after with the lads for a couple of nights on the pop - cant wait!

Yeh there are a few tidy valvers for sale on here at the moment

If youre not too familiar with the layout of the cars then it might be useful to go and look at a few preferably trade ones so you can look properly without pissing the owner off before you start looking for the one for you

[Edited by clio16v1996 on 19 April 2005 at 7:14pm]