ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie from Down Under

VW Golf GTi Man
Hi All,

My name is Steve and i am from Sydney Australia. Currently own a 2010 Golf GTi 3 dr Man which is off lease and due to be changed. I am not new to RenaultSport, i have owned a Clio 182 Cup and a Megane 225 Cup and now looking to head back to the brand again. The Clio 4 RS is due to be launched in Australia this week and i am really considering going down this path as a replacement for the Golf.

So, i am on here to view and perhaps share opinions with fellow Clio enthusiasts.

Steve

VW Golf GTi Man
So I have done it.......placed an order on a Black Cup Trophy (Lux model in the UK). I want a 2014 build, so unfortunately will not see it till March/April.

The waiting game begins:coffee:

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Hi All,

My name is Steve and i am from Sydney Australia. Currently own a 2010 Golf GTi 3 dr Man which is off lease and due to be changed. I am not new to RenaultSport, i have owned a Clio 182 Cup and a Megane 225 Cup and now looking to head back to the brand again. The Clio 4 RS is due to be launched in Australia this week and i am really considering going down this path as a replacement for the Golf.

So, i am on here to view and perhaps share opinions with fellow Clio enthusiasts.

Steve

you really should have driven a new rs clio before ordering TBH they are very dissapointing and way overpriced IMO :dapprove: Welcome to the forum .

VW Golf GTi Man
Thanks davo172, each to their own I guess.

Had the pleasure of leasing one for 4 weeks while I was in Europe last year so you could say I more than 'drove' it around the block a few times. I was impressed with the car, it certainly is different to its predecessors which is part of the reason why I am buying one. I don't get to track my cars anymore so I was looking for an everyday car that is comfortable yet sporty at the same time. The dual clutch box was another reason as I regularly drive in traffic, not nice constantly stop starting with a manual (as you now doubt have experienced). In fact this is the first automatic car I have ever purchased and I have been through lots!

Not sure what you mean by overpriced! I don't know how they are priced in the UK but in Australia it is certainly good value when you look at all of the standard equipment. I have been looking for a while at my next car and the Clio 200T simply ticked all/most of the boxes, I guess the new formula is aimed at people like me! I still believe there is a hardcore version coming out and I hope Renault do it as it is what they are known for, but this is the car for me at the moment :)

Lionel Richie
They're about $41K AUD with all the options (they call it a Trophy with cup chassis LOL! That's in LY too) which is about £22.5K GBP at the current rates

Cannot bloody wait to move there, V6 is going to cost £5K to ship over but it should be worth it!!

http://www.renault.com.au/finding-my-renault/renault-sport/clio-rs/pricing#

use 4215 for postcode

They have 4 options

Sport
Cup
Sport Trophy
Sport Cup

2 different gear ratios too!

Last edited:
  VW Golf GTi Man
Yes, well worth shipping the V6 down here as they are as rare as hens teeth! There's only 2 that I know of in Australia (through our local Renault forums). Renault never released it here but funnily enough we're released across the ditch in NZ, hmmm couldn't figure that one out. Anyway, hope you do bring it down here it would be great to see another one on our shores. When are you making the move?