ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Renault sport Options

Hi, Does anyone know if these "options" mentioned in Autocar about the clio 182 cup will be avaialble soon ?? Ive heard other people mention the seat option but cant find any more details on them ??

"Hopefully, the over-elevated driving position should be sorted when Renault launches some Renaultsport options that include already-confirmed Recaro seats, and rumoured go-faster bits such as engine management chips, air filters and exhausts. There’s even talk of a roll cage"

Ziel Nurburgring

You can order the seats now i believe, roll cage will probably just stay talk as will the other tuning bits. Theyve been promising the others since the 172

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Yep,

The recaros are just the standard "trendline" as seen on their website.

As Ian said, chances are VERY slim for the other parts, its taken Renault long enough just to offer seats!

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

See my post above!!!! ^^

THEY ARE THE STANDARD RECARO TRENDLINE SEATS. No customisation, just standard.

Hence go search for recaro seats, prolly recaro.com or something.

Ziel Nurburgring

Shame they didnt embroider the RS logo into them really, whats the cost difference between somewhere like D Tweeks and Renault?

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Cobra will embroider the renaultsport logo for free for cliosport members.

Contact details are in the member section.

Loony had a very good price on some bucket seats for his 182.

I had a good price too for some Cobra Daytonas, seat runners etc but still not sure if I can afford to make the change.

Lee

BMW M2C

I really like them. Perfect for me, as I want comfort with decent support seeing as all I do is sit in traffic.

They felt great when I sat in them at the Autosport show.

Ziel Nurburgring

Also goor they are hinged, so you can still use the rear seats. As with the cup options, bet they are going to be another item the insurance companies will either want to be declared or wont give a monkeys.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Also when you choose the recaros, you loose ALL of the alcantara in the car, the door cards and rear seats are replaced with the items from the 182 Dynamique (I mean 182 Cup)

methinks it will be cheaper to buy them direct from recaro.

and you get to keep the other bits of alcantera too... and sell the standard RS seats to a wannabee.

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 14 February 2005
Also goor they are hinged, so you can still use the rear seats. As with the cup options, bet they are going to be another item the insurance companies will either want to be declared or wont give a monkeys.

Ive just renewed mine. The company Im with asked if there were any modifications that werent factory fitted. I said "so any options fitted at the factory are covered in the value of the car" they replied yes, which is how it should be. My car is factory standard!!