ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new pug 207 gt

morning guys, just been reading a feature on the new pug 207 gt, vs mini cooper s. i nautoexpress.

what are peugeot thinking, they use the same engine as the mini , but its down on power, and in a heavier car.. lame.

the testers said that the chassis is sweet, and rescues the offering but why not sort the engine out for once.. what do you reckon..

id be interested in havign a drive in one as havent even driven a 206 gti since i flogged my 205 gti..

mini looks the same as the last one, but the feature is not a bad read

Octy VRS
But it is only the GT version, equivilent to the old XS's so will not be all that powerful for insurance reasons/younger driver market. It still has 150BHP which for a tepid hatch isn't bad. From memory it has more torque than most RS's so mid range will be good. Evo loved it!
The GTI will be a lot better than the crap they've been churning out recently, maybe back to form!

Octavia VRS
I read a good review on the GT on 4car. They said it felt underpowered but had a good chassis and, as said above, the GTi comes out next spring

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
well ive jsut spent all today promoting the gt at a motor show, its the 1.6 turbo that is fooking fast belive me!

the GTi is still to come and will be 200bhp to beat the clio 197

Golf R
i was behind a 207 GT last night, sounds like it was the turbo as he had a bit of legs. if i'd been in my car i'd have had a bit of a play ;)

missmy257bhp r5/ got evo6
i spoke to my mate at peogeot and it does 0 to 60 in 8.3 seconds which sounds poor

but they are bringing out a 180 version of the 1.6 gt he told me in the new year but dont know if its true

106 GTi
taylor said:
well ive jsut spent all today promoting the gt at a motor show, its the 1.6 turbo that is fooking fast belive me!

150 brake but weighing 1200 odd kg I doubt it is that impressive.

Nice amount of Torque. 180lb ft @ 1400 or something

its not gonna be that impressive, but I rewckon it'll be one of the better 'warm' hatches out there, and should be easily tuneable (remap).

The 207 GTi looks promising, will wait and see what actually comes to market though. As I said that about the new type-r then all we got was same engine, with the same power in a heavier car with just a different gear box to make up for the extra weight :(

Octy VRS
Yes it will be as it is the same lump as the Cooper S. Various rumours have said it will remain the same output as the S, but others reckon it will put out around 200BHP.