ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Car Focus St Content

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Got this back in April after selling R14CUP back to JamieG, basically needed something more in keeping for my job and after turning up at a few events and having clients mention my boy racer car I knew I needed a change.

Its a ST-3 on 50k miles when I picked it up, was completely standard. First impressions were, what a noise the engine made a big comfy car really but after coming from a clio on H&Rs stealth exhaust, cams etc it was a bit tame. Also standard the cup could keep up with it so I couldnt be having that! A few pictures after Gally detailed it for me, his write up: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?644840-Performance-Blue-Focus-ST-Detail

IMG_0964.jpg

IMG_0963.jpg

7157059381_9d3728edf6_b.jpg

7157038327_bab7cdabc2_b.jpg

I then got the itch to modify it. So along came a set of eibach springs, a full Milltek turbo back with sports cat and a local company E-Tune sorted my out a Revo stage 1 map.

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

And the results:

IMG_0041.gif

Very happy with that!

Future plans:

Needs two new tyres to replace some of the crap the garage fitted on it currently reading up reviews from other st owners to see their thoughts
Airtec Gen3 intercooler
DS Cais

Then back to etune for another map, I might even get a decat. I also need to sort the exhaust it sticks out a bit too far which seems to be an issue with some Millteks on the ST.

Cheers

Gaz

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Looks tidy that. Performance blue is a nice colour, suits the pre-facelift well. Being a dark colour, I personally wouldn't have the patience to keep it looking tip-top. Heated leather?

These are such nice understated cars, best colour is that metallic orange (reverses understatment lol) imo but yours is still a lovely colour. Hows the fuel consumption?

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Looks tidy that. Performance blue is a nice colour, suits the pre-facelift well. Being a dark colour, I personally wouldn't have the patience to keep it looking tip-top. Heated leather?

I like the PB although not my favourite colour for them. Aye got the heated seats which will be nice come winter!

These are such nice understated cars, best colour is that metallic orange (reverses understatment lol) imo but yours is still a lovely colour. Hows the fuel consumption?

Alx I like the orange but would be far too loud for the reason I was changing my car. Fuel consumption anywhere between 250 - 300 miles from around 70 quid of petrol, probably could get more if I drove off boost.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Lol at going from a boy racer car to an st :rasp:

Looks like a brilliant example though :approve:

What is it you do to have an image?

Haha there is a difference I work with private clients turning up at a golf course in the clio just didn't work lol! Aye it's a good car few wee things needing sorted

Impreza RB5 #054
Looks nice, wrong colour though.

Have a look at Collins stage 2 before getting another Revo map.

330BHP with Front mount,CAIS and cat back, not sure how long your clutch will last at that power mind, mine is slipping on the Dreamscience Race + and DSCI maps.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Looks nice, wrong colour though.

Have a look at Collins stage 2 before getting another Revo map.

330BHP with Front mount,CAIS and cat back, not sure how long your clutch will last at that power mind, mine is slipping on the Dreamscience Race + and DSCI maps.

Aye defo need a rs clutch then. I agree plenty of other colours I'd pick but got a good price and was in good condition

Never above 25mpg
If I ever have the misfortune of kids this would be a contender of cars I reckon, the 5 door though.