ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NEW 172 ph1 owner

Clio Sport RS 172
Hello everyone,
Just brought my first Renault last week and I'm really liking it a lot.
I have had a few pug's and currently half own my missus 2007 206 GTI 180.
She says that she will pay me back soon but I'm not so sure as there seems to be a new pair of shoes turn up at least once a week.

Anyway its great to go for a drive in one then get out and drive the other one.
The clio really feels more of a track car in comparison, eg lighter, better brakes and even more power. The pug however does have a better interior as the 180 seats are fantastic, but hay it does not make up for the fun you can have driving the clio.

I also live in New Zealand and the clio 172 is not a very common car here, good in someways bad in others. Good that not many people know how fast they can go as they do look a bit like a we shopping trolley that an old person may drive. I personally love this about them.
BAD that parts are hard to get for them. If I had a skyline or WRX I could buy any part I wanted for them from 3 different shops in a 2 mile radius from my front door, but I would also get pulled over from the police every 10 minutes, and labeled a boy racer which is a big thing here in Christchurch NZ.
As from next week you can get a fine ($1000nzds) for cruising down the same road (around the the cities 4 aves) for more than once in an hour.

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/1000-fine-cruising-in-christchurch-3571155

Lucky for me I'm a bit pass this now.:D

the_baron_von_richthofen

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172 Cup
Welcome, i was wondering why you said a 2007 Gti 180 as im pretty sure they didnt make them to that year in england but you say your from NZ, im sure you'll enjoy it on here everyone seems really cool.

Clio Sport RS 172
Yes I was very surprised with the 206 being a 2007 model as well. I did some research and it was the last 206 that was imported into New Zealand. It probably sat around for a few months before it was rego'ed as a new car so maybe a 2006.
http://www.carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=eqt419
Sometimes we are a bit behind the times here in NZ.
1pug.bmp

Clio Sport RS 172
Bugger, I think that I need a lesson on how to add a pic.
What's the URL of my image?
Hell, I'm only good at copy and paste. :dead: