ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need Insurance help!

UR 197
hey im new to the site and have had my clio for about half a year, im 17 and my insurance is just about to renew and i want to add loads of mods to my 1.2 mk2,
any advice on what are the best insurance groups? and the best mods to do? :D

Megane 225 F1
Welcome.

Admiral were good for me when I was 18/19/20 for my 1.4 with exhaust,springs, wheels, seats etc

UR 197
i know itd be best to save my money yeah but im dying to have a better car with looks and performance!
how much do you reckon these kind of mods would set me back? :)

Megane 225 F1
How much did you buy the car for? I'm going to say around 1/3 of the value of the car maybe half.

172 Cup
direct line increased my policy from 600 to 1231 last week.
so i went to adrian flux and got it down to 509, think they also give u discount for being a member of enthusiast clubs...as you are.
=]

Renault Megane 2.0
Unfortunately theres no such thing as performance from a 1.2..... the money you'd spend modding it will feel very wasted in a year or so when you can afford the insurance on a decent sized engine! Save your pennys! :rasp:

Put it this way, 17 year old, just passed their test, on a 1.2 that takes 10 years to get to 60mph, with a whole load of mods thats maybe gonna take that down to 9 years and 364 days to get to 60mph is going to cost you an absolute fortune to insure. That's if you can find a company to insure you at all.

My advice is ride out the 1.2 in standard guise for a few years. Maybe do cosmetic mods like colour code etc, maybe a decent sound system.

Build up your no claims then you can buy a car that might make it to 60mph in a few seconds