ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need advice about fitting an after market steering wheel please.

Im wanting to fit an aftermarket steering wheel to my car.

I have looked at threads and guides on how to remove the standard one so im hoping to do that with no problems.

Now i have went and bought a steering wheel from kode shop and a boss that will fit the wheel and the car from demon tweeks, also have bought resistors for the airbag and for the seats as well since i have a sport interior. i have never fitted a wheel before and was wondering if anyone has got any tips or that.

My biggest confusion at the moment is how the horn goes on to the new wheel as from the looks of it my car will have a big plastic connector with the wires in it,but on the back of the new wheel its just two pieces of metal for like a connector to slip over.

Also when it comes to fitting the resistors. i really am in the dark about this as have no idea where to put them. i would imagine they go some where in the end of the air bag connector at the back of the wheel and for the seats they would go in the pre tensioner.

I'm probably thinking that this is going to be a bigger and harder job than what it probably will be but if anyone can give me a few tips and pointers it would be much appreciated.

Thanks