ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Exclusive Project Thread

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Not done anything radical to my car but thought id start one of these cheeky project threads.

I had been on the look out for a 172 for a few months since selling my Saxo VTS. After having 2 x 172 ph2's, a 182, a valver and a 197, I was keen to get a phase 1.

After trawling pistonheads for a couple of weeks I came across a 172 exclusive that was up for just short of 2k. The car looked good on the pictures and already had a ktec stealth system and FK Coilovers. The only problem was that it was based in Edinburgh but I decided to have a ride up with my brother for a look.

So, in early February I drove up to Scotland and had a look at the car. The front end had so many stone chips it looked like it had been shot with a shotgun and there was a crease in the drivers side door. Other then that though the car was pretty sound, it was on 90k but had full service history and reciepts for the belts doing from 06. After conversation with my brother I decided that I was going to have to get the belts done for piece of mind and possibly try sort out the bits of bodywork so decided to make an offer on the price. I offered the guy £1200 and after much deliberation, the chap decided to take it. I parted with the £1200 and started on the long trip home.

This is how the car looked when I got it home;

IMG_2449.jpg

IMG_2451.jpg

IMG_2453.jpg

The exclusive wheels were pretty shot and after getting a quote for £200 to refurb I started having a look for some other wheels instead. Not long after, I managed to pick up some 15" OZ F1's and tyres from ebay that were in reasonable nick. Got them couriered to the house and banged them on the car and also got some new number plates - here are the results;

IMG_2594.jpg

IMG_2615.jpg

IMG_2608.jpg

I booked the car into Queens Service Station in leeds and had the cam belt and aux belt changed for piece of mind.

The next addition was the cliosport stickers for the additional 5bhp;

IMG_2612.jpg

IMG_2613.jpg

Although I was happy with the ktec exhaust, it was just not loud enough for me as im a closet chav. I wanted to decat the car so decided it would be easier to sell the ktec exhaust and get a custom job done by the guy who had previously done my 182 and 197 exhausts.

So it was off with the ktec system;

IMG_2680.jpg

IMG_2776.gif

IMG_2778.gif

And on with the new exhaust;

IMG_2794.gif

IMG_2797.gif

And a video;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4K6u972Obo

My rear wiper disintigrated when cleaning the car so decided to get shut of it;

IMG_2792.gif

IMG_2793.gif

And thats about it at the moment - only plan is to change the old man steering wheel for an OMP one. I would really like to strip the car but the mrs has told me thats a big no no.

Thanks for looking.