ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Day As A Motor Racer - PICS

MY GOD WHAT A DAY!!! if anyone ever gets the chance to do this, ITS A MUST, was blinding, for those that dont no i went to Bedford Autodrome for they whole day (8am - 5pm to test some wkd cars, and i got to do it for free!, got to drive all the cars for quite a lot of laps and the instructors dont mess about, tell you to push it as hard as it will go, hence how i span out the le mans car and several of the others a couple of times, but this was prob the best day in me life, it was rly that good...

£750 a head it is, so if i start saving now, maybe by fall 2010 :)

the slowest car there was the clio which done 0-60 in 4.1! and i managed to get 165 out of the JP1, all the cars are brilliant to drive or slide around in the EVOs case,

but the forula palmer audi was amazing as your on your own in that one and all you can here is the engine and very ncie turbo directly behind you.

the Caterhams are a lot of fun to drive and the clio (in my opinion) held the road better than any of the other cars, you could throw them into corners like you would not believe!

and if anyone can host a 5 mb vid for me, after all my drifting in the evo (as it was a drifting comp as opposed to the best lap time) the only bit caught on film was when i lost it!

http://photobucket.com/albums/v474/rousey2/?start=allhttp://photobucket.com/albums/v474/rousey2/?start=all

(its public so you dont need a log in)

also for the people who had been and said to put up my best lap times they were as follows (there were 4 different tracks, so the cars were on different circuits):

JP1 - South Circuit - 66.8

Clio Cup Race Car - 94.1

Caterham 7 Superligt - 54.02

Vauxhall VX220 Turbo - 80.56

JP1 - North Circuit - 38.21

Evo VI - 85% Accuracy

http://www.motorsportsensation.com/glance.htm/

the cars are on that site if anyone is interested in what speeds they do etc, but all were fukin fast!

Renault Laguna Coupe

Nice one, looks like a great day. Rained all day when I did it, and we had a mini rally stage for the Evo complete with watersplash and jump!

git git git git git! why the slow CUP lap time, cant be that far of the pace?!

Id goto this but would require blowing my student loan or selling my car :D

4 different circuits mate, they werent all on the same track, shoulda put that really, my cup time was good, i proper threw it round there, just ahd one corner which caused bit of trouble

it is a blinding day m8, the speeds u do r phenominal, and having never drove the cup i was soooo impressed by it, it exceeded the hype for me

well the car i went up in (who also paid for me) drives an sl55 AMG so it really wasnt a concern, lol theres a pic of it on that album

Yaris Hybrid

Funnily enough I did badly in the Clio too (91s - 21st place out of 30 drivers) and Ive owned a couple of Clios :oops:

Yet I was always in the top places for the rear wheel drive cars despite having never driven one prior to that day!

The left hand drive sequential change in the Clio got me. I was fine with the sequential change in the Jag and the gear stick on the right in the FPA but for some reason in the Clio I was all fingers and thumbs and kept trying to wind down the window at gear change time!!!!

Personally I found the Formula Palmer Audi disappointing as I drove the Jag first and that was quickest and made the FPA seem underpowered. Caterham was my second favorite. The Evo was a bit disappointing as it has the straightline speed of the VX220 but corners like a Vectra!!! I did a rally course with water splash and jump. The accuracy score was only given for the Frontera??

Your time in the Jag was quick. When I went the fastest person out of my group of 30 people did 66.62 and I was second with a 67.22 (aided by the crazy instructor who would put his foot UNDER the brake pedal and lift it up!!). I did a 77 in the VX which I found was a really pleasent car to drive that gave me a lot of confidence but I got held up a lot as I had to pull over and let the Jags past! I could have gone back for another crack a month or so back but I aint got a car to get me there (Cheers Renault you w*nkers!!!).

Cost me £0.00 btw, corporate hospitality! ;)

Good times for a 1st timer matey!! Especially the JP1s on the fast circuit -Last time I went in April (again dry!) I got:

JP1 - South Circuit - 68.26

Clio Cup Race Car - 92.36

Caterham 7 Superligt - 50.81

Vauxhall VX220 Turbo - 77.42

JP1 - North Circuit - 35.99

Evo VI - 90

Karting - 25.78 (v fast for an 18 stoner!!)

Like toypops I didnt really like the Clio either :confused: - (you dont work for an IT company do you toypops?)

gotta try and beat these when I go again in 2 weeks!!

Matt

Yaris Hybrid

Yeah I work in IT how did you guess? A supplier paid for it but to be honest its well worth paying to go just for the Jag.

I went first time in August 03 which was my first ever track day and my first time in RWDs. I could have gone a month or so back but the forecast was for rain so I wouldnt have been able get a full experience plus there is the serious transport (lack of) problem as indicated over there <------

Id love to go again and see what I could do now that I know the track. Also I found it wasnt until my last lap in each car that I knew it well enough to start pushing. The people that beat me in my group had all been before....

I really wish you could bottle the feeling of driving the Jag so that everyone could experience just how shockingly quick and physical it is.

I wouldnt say I didnt like the Clio, I just found it really frustrating because silly things stopped me from getting to grips with it. Also I wished the instructor would keep off the controls as this made it take even longer for me to pick it up. I did love the way it had a real touring car feel to it, hard to explain what it was but you had to drive it aggressively, take more curb and it just sounded sort of like they do on TV - dunno if that was down to the gearbox or what?! Overall I was VERY impressed with the handling as it just had no understeer even when powering out of a corner, didnt know an FWD could do that. End result was that I sold my saloon and bought a 182...

yea i was expecting the clio to be normal, but i adpated ok cos it didnt feel like the clio im used to lol, but im only 18 so all this was brilliant for me, yea pretty much the same thing as how u got it for free but the guy i went with took his clients and i jumped on lol, the jag was my first car too but i like the single seater cos u teach yaself the track and how it handles etc