ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My audio installation

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Been an ongoing project for a number of weeks now doing bits as i got time. Finally coming together now and am nearly finished.

After sound deadinging the doors it was time to make up the baffles and fit my new Helix components. 8 screws holding the baffle to the door and some draught excluder on the edge to give the woofer a good seal.

baffles010.jpg

No pics of the tweeters as they are in the standard location and are hidden by the dash.

Sound deadened the front doors inner and outer skin along with the rear quaters of the car and the tailgate.

The boot build was relatively easy to make and would not taken so long if i didnt have work and other commitments slowing my progress.

DSC00311.jpg

Found some carpet in motorworld which seemed to be the best match in colour to the renault carpet.

carpeted011.jpg

carpeted012.jpg

Got this PETG sheet for free off my mate and he also cut the ventilation holes in it for me

carpeted008.jpg

Need to trim the edges more neatly i think.:eek:

Finally what it looks like...

carpeted005.jpg

what i still need to do is:

trim edges more neatly and secure them properly.
get a grill to cover the sub so i can put stuff in the boot.
and trim up any parts of wood that are still showing.

Comments welcome.

tonksy you can steal my ideas now:approve:

1.2 Clio
Yeh thats a nice install. Little small for a GT4. But will still be very good. Did you wadd the hell out of that box, If you didn't get some tesco value pillows, rip them apart and stuff the box to the brim with it. Then sink the sub back in. Will produce better bass guaranteed!

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Yeh thats a nice install. Little small for a GT4. But will still be very good. Did you wadd the hell out of that box, If you didn't get some tesco value pillows, rip them apart and stuff the box to the brim with it. Then sink the sub back in. Will produce better bass guaranteed!
yes mate thanks. the little 10inch looks tiny in there now.
its in a sealed box under the floor and has some loft insulation in there and some draught excluder around the rim of the sub.
would that be oright or shall i tear up a few pillows?

1.2 Clio
yes mate thanks. the little 10inch looks tiny in there now.
its in a sealed box under the floor and has some loft insulation in there and some draught excluder around the rim of the sub.
would that be oright or shall i tear up a few pillows?

Give it a go, should be fine! As it's only a 10" thats not as bad as i thought, i thought it was a 12 see!
If it does sound like it could kick some more then just rip apart some pillows!
Had a similar build to this in my clio once... Before bass dominated my life!