ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mot

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
Now this may seem a really easy question, but can someone explain a few things about MOT to me - my first one is coming up in a week or so.

I understand all the things they test.

What happens if something fails though? Do you have a set time to get it fixed and then have to pay more money to them?

When should you book the MOT for? A week before it runs out? Or the date it runs out?

Thanks all.

1996 Valver
Book a week or two before it runs out, I think they have just changed the rules re a failed MOT. You use'd to have a week to fix any problems before paying again. I think now they will charge you again, unless they do the work on the car.

Harsh!!

With the new system:

If it fails on small things like window wipers, lights etc... its a free retest on the day.

If it fails on major things then depending on where you go some garages give free retests within a week, however some dont and some garages prefer them to do work and then pass the it.

I always go for 1 week before the MOT date, gives you time to drive legally if something is wrong, just ask them to carry the date over to the next one.