ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Modded vx220 turbo cheaper to insure than the 172?!?

172/vx220t/m135i
Both my insurances are up the end of the month and i've managed to secure a great deal on the vx but the 11 year old 172 is working out dearer to ensure! I've tried Adrian Flux and comparison sites on the net and Sheila's Wheels is coming up the cheapest at around £430. Now i know there is probably alot of owners who would be chuffed with that quote but just seems crazy paying more than the vx which is under £400! Are there any specific insurers i might have missed that arn't on comparison sites that owners use on here?

Evo 5 RS
Red Star underwrite Adrian Flux so it might be worth giving them a shout. Also Sky are fairly competitive depending on how 'modded' your VX is.

Suzuki Jimny
Millions of 1*2's are written off by chavs every day, but only a few VX220's are destroyed every week.

172/vx220t/m135i
£400 for VX insurance! You must be a right old man with lots of no claims! ;)

Wish mine was that cheap :(

Was only £387 actually :) have never tracked the car but they threw in 3 days cover should i wish to in the future, i'm quite old at 36 and with 7 yrs protected ncb, however my postcode isn't usually on fire :)