ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mobius action cam setup

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Hi guys.
So I've bought a Mobius action cam with the C lens today and I'm trying yo set it up to make sure it works before I give it to the Mrs for Xmas.

I have watched some youtube vids but not sure if its the same model as the one in the vid has a circular led where as mine has a rectangular one. (not sure if that's because its the newer model)

I'm not understanding all the flashing lights if I'm honest, its all a little confusing at the moment.

Do I need to put an sd card in before it will work properly as I've plugged it into a pc but it doesn't launch anything or let me go into the settings to take auto record off etc.

Any help appreciated :)

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
You're right that's a newer one. Think you'll need to put a card in it.

Switch on -> solid orange light
Recording -> blinking orange light/red light on rear

To charge plug it in, should come up with a solid orange light (and you'll be able to see what's on it on a computer). Hold the power button for a second or so and it should go to a solid green light. When the light goes off it's charged.

That's about all I use on mine!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
The light on the back can be switched off TBH.

You'll need a card inserted before it'll do anything.

The easiest way is using the pc program, have a search but I'll link it later if you haven't found it by then.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
I plug it in (with a card in) but all its seeing it as is a memory device.
I thought there was meant to be a built in file that you could open to change the settings in?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I plug it in (with a card in) but all its seeing it as is a memory device.
I thought there was meant to be a built in file that you could open to change the settings in?

You have to make it dump the config file onto the card. I can't remember how to do it - it's just way easier to use the program that @philfree linked.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Nice one guys, ive figured out how to use it now. Pretty simple really.
Only one thing I need to know is:

Is there only 1 way you can have the camera as UP.

For instance, if I have it on the side of a helmet, I can have the camera on its side, rather than flat?
If that makes sense.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
So in theory it always needs to be flat?

I have bought the adjustable head mount for a helmet. I will work it out :smile:

Yeah, unless you want to a) crop it or b) film a vertical video (and therefore you are satan), either way you'd have to edit it afterwards. Much easier to have it flat ;)

RS2004
Unless you're OK to cut a small section in the top and bottom half cases (because of the protrusions for the screw each side of the lens) and rotate the lens 90 degrees. The flex cable might be a little short then (not sure) but 5cm extension is available that can fit in the case. There should also be possible to rotate the CCD 90 degrees inside the lens but I will not advise it. 90 degrees mobius exists as well, haven't seen them with C lens though.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers for your help guys,

All set up and ready to go now. That gui is very handy and easy to use.

Great little camera for the money. Recommend.