ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK3 3-door rear speakers help please?

MK3 1.2 '06
Hey, just noticed that there are no rear speakers fitted in, had no idea at first.
My question is, can I remove the front two Renault ones on the doors, and place them in the back, then buy some new ones (probably Pioneer or Sony), and fit them in the front? Do I have to mess around with the wires, as it looks like Renault have a proprietary connecter.. I can take pictures if you have no idea what I'm on about.
I'm fitting them to the Renault HU that came with the car, so will wattage be an issue?

Anyone else done anything similar to what I'm planning? Also, which size speakers am I meant to buy? Cheers.

Last edited:
  MK3 1.2 '06
So I've found out that 13CM speakers fit the best, but since the clio requires two screws and speakers come with 4 tabs around them, I'm going to have to cut off two tabs, which I don't mind.
Now I'm just wondering how I should fit them on without damaging/removing the renault connectors, anyone have a clue on what I should do? Maybe solder on some new wires on to the speaker and fit the wires in to the connector? Any help would be very much appreciated.