ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK1 Electric Sunroof Thread

96' 1.4 Clio RT & Polo
Hi,

I took the Clio out for a spin earlier, and it appears I need an umbrella when going around corners - There is a leak coming from the roof.

I've checked around the ariel and it seems dry at that end, so one can only assume it's coming from the sunroof.

I've used the search function on here, and get the general gist of the need to seal it with some gutter sealant / windscreen sealant.

Question I ask, as a total newb, is there a newb friendly guide to sealing it - preferably with pics, either on here, or elsewhere on the net.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Before you use sealant etc, check that it's not coming in from the roof aeriel.
Pull the interior light down etc, you will then see the nut for the aeriel, get a mate to hold the aeriel while you tighten up the nut a bit.
If that doesn't do it, give the runners & all that a clear out. Sealant is a last option imo.

Works...kind of...
Check the sunroof surround seal first. That usually goes first due to warping of the roof skin.

It's very rarely the actual sunroof that leaks IME.

I use Tiger Seal, but anything similar will work.

96' 1.4 Clio RT & Polo
Check the sunroof surround seal first. That usually goes first due to warping of the roof skin.

It's very rarely the actual sunroof that leaks IME.

I use Tiger Seal, but anything similar will work.

Have just nipped out - looks like the plastic surround on the outside is raised up in the corners. Easy to repair / replace?

Works...kind of...
Repair it. A new one costs a fortune from the stealers.

Take the old stuff off with a semi-blunt object and reseal with black silicone or Tiger Seal.