ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Michelin ps3

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I did tyres on the drive it worked out about £20 more than the camskill stuff including fitting but saved all the hassle. Worth looking at them.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
PS3 is positively ancient now though.

In the 16” I’d go with the Continental premium contact 6, that’s a tyre which is a match for the Michelin ps4 in performance and it’s cheaper than the ps3 too.

In 15” you’re a bit buggered by a lack of choice :(

Renault Clio 182

In the 16” I’d go with the Continental premium contact 6, that’s a tyre which is a match for the Michelin ps4 in performance and it’s cheaper than the ps3 too.

Okay I’ll look them up thank you do camskillsell them ?

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
I got my 16” PS3’s from Camskill a couple of months ago. Paid less than £100 each and also got £30 cash back for buying 4.

Clio Trophy

Do you have experience of how the Contintental's feel?

I've asked this a couple of times but yet to come across someone who's made the swap-

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Recently fitted a pair of PS3s on my 182 – ancient tyres, for an ancient car, but they perform exceptionally well. Had Continental PC 6 and PS4 on my Proceed GT; both were excellent.

Tried Yokohama, Kumho, and Avon on the 182, but nothing felt right. As soon as you meddle with the factory setup, everything changes. They're like little go-karts; you feel everything. Our roads are pants remember.

For everyday road use, keeping it factory with genuine parts and Michelin tyres; Clio Sports are just sensitive to changes.

Edit : for clarity Avons were noisy, Yokohamas tramlined everywhere and Kumhos got a little too hot when pushing on.

Last edited:
  Clio Trophy
I don’t, but Tyre Reviews really rate it for handling and steering feel

Yeah I know as I contacted Jon directly through pistonheads referencing the tests he did but he did also say the feel can vary through different sizes.

I've been reluctant to try it as the PS3's come in an 87 load but most others including the PC6 come in 83.

I don't doubt they'd objectively perform better but it's the feel I'd be worried about, hence I need other people I try them first...;)