ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Melting horn wires!

As per the title after having a OMP boss on my car for nearly a year my horn wires decided to melt (and smoke) yesterday as they shorted to the steering column or boss.

Reading on hear it appears to be a common problem, my plan is to put a new horn switch elsewhere so this doesn’t happen again, my question is does anybody have the pin out or schematic for the connectors plugged into the back of the clock spring.

Also as I don’t have the cruise control buttons anymore (car is 2003 172) and the non-cruise control clock spring are easy to come by does anybody know of a reason why I couldn’t fit the non-cruise control clock spring.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Matt

Rystar

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172
If you definitely want to relocate the horn, easiest way is with a Phase 1 indicator stalk.
Direct Plug and Play OEM Parts, Horn is then a push button on the end of the indicators, a neat solution

MrCube182

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Non-cruise clockspring will work fine. To avoid the horn issues, make sure theres just one ground (either space connector OR spring clip, not both) You can cut off the spring clip