ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megs High Endurance Tyre Gloss

Renault Leguna 2.0 T LTD
Hi,

just a quick question can i put this all over the tyre or just on the wall of the tyre, i pressume it can only go on the wall of the tyre but it doesnt say on the back on the bottle ???

106 GTi
No point putting it on anywhere but the side wal for day to day usel. I have used it on the whole tyre at shows though!

106 GTi
One of the better lasting ones. Fairly high gloss. Can last a couple of weeks even in rain.

RS 200
mattjaco said:
does it luk good and how long does it last

DSC_0032.jpg

I rate the stuff quite highly.
Applied this a couple of hours ago, looks good and lasts quite a while, longer than the liquid sprays I find. As long as it doesnt rain or have wet roads it can keep that shine for a good week and then start to fade, but even when it does fade the tyres still look black and dont show any sign of browning as if they were untreated.

Some more pictures here where you can see the tyres - CLICK HERE

Chris

Megane R26
I bought the spray version and it goes everywhere

Looks like I need some of this!

Should I be using a Foam applicator? Or something like a Paint Brush?

106 GTi
For spray or liquid dressings, put a small amount in a jam jar and brush on with a thick paint brush.

106 GTi
TELFORDS_LURK said:
DSC_0032.jpg

I rate the stuff quite highly.
Applied this a couple of hours ago, looks good and lasts quite a while, longer than the liquid sprays I find. As long as it doesnt rain or have wet roads it can keep that shine for a good week and then start to fade, but even when it does fade the tyres still look black and dont show any sign of browning as if they were untreated.

Some more pictures here where you can see the tyres - CLICK HERE

Chris

Looking good in all those pics, shiny black cars parked together tommorrow ?! Glad the PCing went well.

RS 200
RussZS said:
I bought the spray version and it goes everywhere

Looks like I need some of this!

Should I be using a Foam applicator? Or something like a Paint Brush?

I used both.

Put a thin bead of the stuff (has a consistancy similar to washing up liquid so wont fall off the wheel :eek: ) around the tyre wall then spread it around with the paint brush and eventually ensured a smooth and even spread with a foam applicator pad.

r-jay said:
Looking good in all those pics, shiny black cars parked together tommorrow ?! Glad the PCing went well.

Cheers, yep if there are enough spaces would be nice to get the black ones next to each other :)
Chris

does the megs high endurance or hot shine leave the tyre brown after a while and cause cracking of side wall ,this happened to me a while ago using armourall tyre foam??

106 GTi
Not seen any browning with the Megs stuff. Cracking of the side walls is down to age normally.

will give the megs stuff a try ,going to have to stop reading your advice r-jay your costing me a fortune,you on some kind of commission.;)

MK2 P1 1.4S
I just bought some of this after trying pretty much everything else, and it surprised me. My tyres still look great 2 weeks after application. Definetly one to go for I would say.