ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MB Performance Short Shifter Review

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
MB Performance Short Shifter Review – without clutch pin

Ordered this product from the MB Performance website and received it three days later, which I was impressed with considering it came from the Netherlands.

How the shifter arrived after being removed from the main packaging:
DSC00109.gif

DSC00110.gif

DSC00111.gif

DSC00113.gif

DSC00114.gif

Even before fitting the quality of this shifter is much better than the B&M ive seen on others people’s cars in the past no doubt about that. The knob is just the right size to fit in my hand, almost the same size as the standard 172 ph1 knob but better looking and better quality.

Fitted to my car:
DSC00146.gif

DSC00149.gif

The feel of the gear changes is far FAR better than the standard setup and also now when changing it feels much more solid than it ever did.

I made this video to give you a ‘rough’ idea of how smooth the changes are with the shifter fitted:

th_MOV00155.gif

Been driving for a day with this now and love it!! Really rate it, quality product from a really good company!

Product details:

The shortshifter which is suited for the Renault 5 ('85-'90), Renault Clio ('91-96), Renault Megane ('96-'02), Renault 19,
Clio Sport 172 and the Clio Sport 182 has been developed in close cooperation with experienced engineers and designers.
The result is a optical very nice product of high quality which is characterized by the following features:
-- Highly accurate fabrication tolerances, which results in fast and easy shifting;
-- A reduction in movement with 25% - 30%, and in combination with our special
clutch pin even a reduction of 45% - 50%;
-- Use of high-quality and durable materials such as stainless steel and
aluminium;
-- Maintenance free by using a self-lubricating precision bearing;
-- The shortshifter is polished.
-- The shortshifter has a lifetime warranty;

Direct URL:
http://www.mbcarperformance.nl/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1321_1323&products_id=2930&osCsid=16881a1bb088cfcee8bab22d51595d21

Want more info? Email Maurice direct: info@mbcarperformance.com

Last edited:

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I couldnt get under my car properly to fit it as I dont trust my axel stands! I took it to a local performance place and he fitted it for me, said it was a piece of piss to fit. Took him under an hour.

M

mini-valver

With Renault boxes being shite anyway, isn't this going to kill it??

Looks awesome quality though!!!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
With Renault boxes being s**te anyway, isn't this going to kill it??

Looks awesome quality though!!!

I think its the same as most things really, depends on the person using it. Some people on here go through many gearboxes with the standard shifter and others have the same for 100k+

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
It will ruin the box eventually...Had mine for about 30k! But it was Brilliant! I'd buy another.

Fred must have stubby arms cause i did't have to lean forward either.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
It will ruin the box eventually...Had mine for about 30k! But it was Brilliant! I'd buy another.

yeah but surely its down to how its used, as with everything really. I personally dont shift that fast at all unless im gunning it, which isnt that often but even then I dont shift super fast.

I needed a new gear knob as the leather on my RS one was ripped so for a few extra pounds I got this! A much better alterative to the B&M if your in the market for one.

Tangoed Works
looks really good quality mate. i guess the box shouldnt go if you only gunn it now and again, if your on track daily then it may become an issue then I guess.

2002 172
thats what im thinking? how the hell would it wear the box out quicker? if you are using the clutch, and lever as normal i cant see it wearing the box out?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Suppose if you were rushing the changes through, but with a normal speed shift would it add any extra wear to the box?

Megane 225

yeah but surely its down to how its used, as with everything really. I personally dont shift that fast at all unless im gunning it, which isnt that often but even then I dont shift super fast.

I needed a new gear knob as the leather on my RS one was ripped so for a few extra pounds I got this! A much better alterative to the B&M if your in the market for one.

How is it much better than the B&M? Looks the same to me! I take it you've used both shifters so can make an informed opinion?

CS Dungeon

How is it much better than the B&M? Looks the same to me! I take it you've used both shifters so can make an informed opinion?

I'm guessing you own the inferior product lol