ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lower temp thermostat

Was wondering about one, i want the fan to kick in a bit earlier at the mo its 3/4 before it comes on, where could i get one from? has anyone else had one fitted? And what sort of price could i expect to pay?

Rob.

I take it i would need both the cooling fan switch and the thermo? are these easy to fit for a novice or should i leave it to the pros?

Good question - ask BB. Id presume theyre fairly easy to do as the labour they charge to do them is fairly low.

easy.........and yes you need both.

why dont you just wire up an switch to turn the fan in traffic?

please can anyone scan and post/send wiring scheme? ive been tinking about fitting fan switch, but its really hard to find something in what is called engine bay, esp. when you dont know where to look...

A lower temp thermostat will only lower the operating temp of the engine not turn the fan on any sooner. If you want the fan on at a lower temp you will have to replace the fan switch in the radiator which is situated half way down the rad on the drivers side and has a black wiring plug to it with two wires to it. You can override the fan by wiring a switch to these two wires (from one wire to a switch and back to the other). You must make sure that the rad switch is still connected because if you forget to use the switch your engine will over heat.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

im just about to change my theremostat. Its stuck open and unless im in a traffic jam for more than 15mins the engine temp is very low (a bit cold now its winter due to no hot air coming in)

You can have it if you want....hehe!