ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Locking problem

When i go to lock my car the drivers side door pin doesnt go down sometimes, i push it down a bit then it seems to lock . Any ideas why?

Um... just sounds like a sticking Solenoid. Mine used to on the passenger side of my 205. Might just need a clean... might need replacing! (breakers are a good place to start!)

Disclaimer:

I no nuuuuthing! Just a bit of guess work.:oops:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

in the doors u monkey, lol.

take the door cards off they are behind there...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

lol

yeh cos there are rods going from the centre consol to the doors ?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

right,

take your door card off, make sure its not binding on somthing, get a bit of greese/vasealene and rub it on all the rods, u will see a rod coming down from the door pin, and then going to a motor, check all of that and then make sure its not the motor thats f**ked, if it is it will need replacing, u can get a universal central locking motor from maplins, if u have ne probs wait till the end of aug/ begining of sept when im living down in bournemouth and bring the car to my house and i will fix it for ya....

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

To explain,

A solanoid is just a little motor that slides "something" back and forward. its that simple.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

yeh ben, we bought a house its in christchurch/muddyford sposed to be moving not this monday coming but the next monday/tuesday....