ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

List of things to mod

Was wondering. How much should be done to a car when modding it. Get the impression some people think less is more. So, heres a list of some of the things I was going to do to me K reg 1.4 RT Clio. Tell me what you think I should add/take away.

Debadge it (already done)

Smoothed the tailgate (started today)

Alloys

Lexus lights

Badboy bonnet ( got brows for now coz BB Bonnets aint cheap to do).

Full respray (including spraying the trim same colour as the car)

New steering wheel (Momo stylee)

Was thinking of having it lowered but Ive got a family (missus and two teenage kids) so Im not sure about doing this. Will it be too low and bottom out a lot if theres people in the back?

[Edited by Vandal on 05 August 2005 at 10:07pm]

Lexus lights !!!

leave them off !!!! standard ones look much better, if you feel that phase 1 lights look a bit dated, get a set of phase 2s.

Ooh you reckon? Will they fit straight on? TBH never noticed the diff between the phase 1 and 2 rear lights. Got any pics?

[Edited by Vandal on 05 August 2005 at 10:14pm]

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Quote: Originally posted by Vandal on 05 August 2005

Was wondering. How much should be done to a car when modding it. Get the impression some people think less is more. So, heres a list of some of the things I was going to do to me K reg 1.4 RT Clio. Tell me what you think I should add/take away.

Debadge it (already done) Good start

Smoothed the tailgate (started today) ditto

Alloys 15s or 16s, keep them quite simple imo

Lexus lights please no

Badboy bonnet ( got brows for now coz BB Bonnets aint cheap to do). Get rid of the brows just now and seriously consider the badboy, not too extreme if you do go for it

Full respray (including spraying the trim same colour as the car) huge difference

New steering wheel (Momo stylee) Yep

Was thinking of having it lowered but Ive got a family (missus and two teenage kids) so Im not sure about doing this. Will it be too low and bottom out a lot if theres people in the back? Get 15s in the right offset and just lower it 35 mm and it should be ok i think.

[Edited by Vandal on 05 August 2005 at 10:07pm]

2005 Impreza WRX STI

like ppl say m8...no lexus lights, just get phase 2 ones! id put 16s on it and lower about 40mm. a full respray with colour coding will finish it off nice! u not doing any performance mods? with it being a 1.4 id go no further than exhaust and filter anyway TBH

Oh yeah forgot to mention a K&N induction kit.

Cheers lads. Looks like the Lexus lights are out. ;)

[Edited by Vandal on 06 August 2005 at 7:20pm]