ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

limp mode backfiring

172 A Cupwork Orange™
Driving home from work last night doing about 20mph put my foot down and heard a loud bang(misfire) and emissions light poped on and went into limp mode,

usual sign light under fuel gauge is on etc,

turn the car off and back on its normal but emissions light is on constantly

if i even think about putting my foot down hard straight into limp mode again,

foot down slowly i can get up to 80mph then the car kangaroos backfires and feels like its gonna stall if i dont take my foot off the gas
it registered an error on the self diagnostic test looks like a t, i cleared this went into limp mode again, checked the diagnostic but it was clear,
now i know t mean an injection fault has been detected for a minimum of 4 seconds but having gone back into limp mode several times and no more faults getting registered it didint think it was the injectors

now wondering if this has hapened to anyone else not just limp mode but the 80mph limit backfireing etc and what was the outcome?, iv search this topic to death and found the usual causes coilpack, spark plugs, lambada throtle sensor, throttle body etc however dont fancy changing these one by one as im sure the cost will escalate into stupid figures i was thinking it was more of a coil pack or plug prob with the backfiring as i couln't imagine throttlebody or pedal sensor causing a back fire,
anyone ?

cheers all

Last edited:
  learning in corsa 1.3tb
i would seriously take your car to a dealer and let them have a look on the renault diognostics kit.

1.2 16V MKII
if its serious which it sounds may be the ECU startin to play up, get to the dealer an ger her tested!! asap!

172 A Cupwork Orange™
Well its booked in to Renault tomorrow morning now, so lets see what they make of it all lol

172 A Cupwork Orange™
Took it into renault who put it on the diagnostics, which returned a possable fault with the pedal sensor, however they said "we dont think its that it might be the throttlebody or fuel pump" err we need to check all the wireing err thats going to take 2 hours labour just to check the wires as they said there under the battery and in the wing, f,in renault so its still in the garage and they are giving me a city rover to use as a courtsy car f,in great