ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lian Li TYR PC-X500

Megane
People don't like it because of bad airflow and the side ways opening drives, looks good though.

I have a Lian Li PC A17, that is definitely the Mac Pro case of PCs IMO

I did wonder about air flow, but the reviews I'm reading don't mention cooling as an issue. In fact quite the opposite. No?

Megane
I did wonder about air flow, but the reviews I'm reading don't mention cooling as an issue. In fact quite the opposite. No?

Well, it pulls air in from the side, but these creates noise, resistance and turbulence (sounds terrible but it is really minimal!)

Where as with my case and the MacPro, the whole front is vented and the fans operate in the correct direction meaning I can run them at 400/500rpm and get a good air pull with pretty much no noise :)

Its not much of a muchness though really.

Tesla MP3 2021
Why whats next on the cards. I have been out of the game for another 12 months really, since I built my i7 beast last year.

Megane
Why whats next on the cards. I have been out of the game for another 12 months really, since I built my i7 beast last year.

The next iMac update, hopefully with a blu-ray writer. I don't know what is coming out next, i7 just is nothing special. Don't get me wrong if I was upgrading today I would get an i7, but from a QX9650 it isn't worth the hassle. I had a Q6600 before this and a P4 550 HT before that.

Yeah I know I should upgrade. TBH my QX9650 & GTX295 system is still pulling stupid frames, so there is very little realistic motivation to buy new gear. I am planning a new build, but it will be later in the year.