ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

letter from Renault

Ford Fiesta

Like some of you have had I recieved a letter from Renault thanking me for my continued custom (they must know this is second new car of them unless they all say that) and that my order is on its way expected to arrive 10th June. the letter goes on to say how unlike some manufacturers Renault build to order so you dont end up with a car thats been stood for ages.

I didnt get a letter like this with my dynamique.

Cant wait... Need to phone dealor soon, as I havnt signed anything for the finance yet, he says it has all gone through. I was already a customer of RFS, but still need to sign for a new direct debit, still might do that when I take delivery....

Also does everyone have their wlcome to Renault pack that you get after you buy a new car, customer services folder etc and an accident pack with camera etc.

Free camera??? I got a dodgy fake leather wallet thingy to hold the manuals etc.... and a bunch of flowers (near mothering sunday).

On both brand new Renaults I got the dodgy manual holder and a bunch of flowers last time...a unmbrella the 1st time. So no, I havent had a welcome pack.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

I have the accident pack with torch,camera,pen and crayon in a little case.

I also got a letter telling me my car was being built to order,nice little touches.

why dont they save the money on useless sh*te like flowers and stuff, and build there c.unting cars a bit better

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Quote: Originally posted by ianC on 07 May 2004

why dont they save the money on useless sh*te like flowers and stuff, and build there c.unting cars a bit better
Ian,

Trying to be controversial on every thread becaomes boring to read after a while *Yawn*

Flowers are not standard issue from Renault,its probably a dealer thing.Even if it were i doubt the cost of a few flowers would improve the car.

yeah i got my accident pack it took 4 months to come through. I only got an umbrella with mine. I dont think it matters bout the flowers and stuff though, as long as the customer service is good.

2012 WRX Waggon

that built to order bits quite important I think.

I few back to manchester from brussels last week, we flew over what looked like an airfield, with 100s of what only could have been cars parked on it!

brand new year old car....no thanks!

There not built to order they sit in a car park for a year till somebody buys it. I can bet when you pick your new car up from a dealer its been sitting in a car park all standard for about a year and gets sent to the dealer where the optional extras get put on. How do i know this my dad worked for renault, Nissain and ford.

Silver Fabia vRS

I got a letter from Renault saying my car has a forcasted delivery date of the 9th June but they will contact me on the 26th May to let me know if that is correct.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Quote: Originally posted by Maxxer on 07 May 2004

There not built to order they sit in a car park for a year till somebody buys it. I can bet when you pick your new car up from a dealer its been sitting in a car park all standard for about a year and gets sent to the dealer where the optional extras get put on. How do i know this my dad worked for renault, Nissain and ford.
I somehow doubt my 182 was sitting in a car park for a year then i was made to wait 8 weeks to make it look like it was made to order.

Im sure if Renault made false claims like this then "rival" car makers would jump onto this and kick up a stink and so would customers.

I see you said your Dad "Worked" for Renault,in the past tense.Things change and as it states in the letter...

"You are buying a car that is truly brand new and not one that has been sitting in stock for some time"

They would not get away with making claims like that if it were B/s and would leave themselves open to all sorts if it were a load of crap.

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)

Quote: Originally posted by Funkyjahooner on 08 May 2004

I somehow doubt my 182 was sitting in a car park for a year then i was made to wait 8 weeks to make it look like it was made to order.

Im sure if Renault made false claims like this then "rival" car makers would jump onto this and kick up a stink and so would customers.

I see you said your Dad "Worked" for Renault,in the past tense.Things change and as it states in the letter...

"You are buying a car that is truly brand new and not one that has been sitting in stock for some time"

They would not get away with making claims like that if it were B/s and would leave themselves open to all sorts if it were a load of crap.

The 172/Cup werent built to order for the entire run, there are still a lot of unsold Cups and 172s kicking about, dont see the 182 being any different!

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Quote: Originally posted by Paul_P1 on 08 May 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Funkyjahooner on 08 May 2004

The 172/Cup werent built to order for the entire run, there are still a lot of unsold Cups and 172s kicking about, dont see the 182 being any different!
That explains why there are lots kicking about then doesnt it...because they were not made to order.

All i know is if you go to a dealer now and order a 182 it will be made to order,saying its made to order when really they are not would end up costing Renault ££££s when people start proving otherwise and do them under trade descriptions etc

I dont see any reason why it cant be possible they are made to order.

end of the day it would probley be cheaper for renault as they only build what they need and not build loads and end up having loads sitting about losing them money.