ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laptop - Wifi - Internet speed problem

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
been having a few wifi/internet speed issues recently, so phoned the helpful call centre in india.

the chap checked the line speed and all was fine, he went into the wireless router setting and said all fine. he said its a computer problem, bye...

ive got a dell laptop inspiron 1750, internet is bt infinity.

when i click on the wireless icon by the clock in bottom right corner, right click on the connect it ranges from 5.5mbs to 1mbs. as im typing this its currently 1mbs and painfully slow.
the guy from india sai go into the homehub settings and it tells you connect speed and that is reading 130mbs, to the honest ive never seen it change.

the homehub is in the room next to me a mere 2 metres away, siginal is strong but im only getting 1mbs.

suggestions???

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
1mb would still be fine unless downloading things. Tried using a different computer?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
my internet runs like a bag of poo

um i do have another laptop i could try