ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laptop not charging query

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Afternoon guys

I have a brand new Lenovo g500 laptop, running windows 8.
It simply does not charge the battery!
When its on with AC power it says "Plugged in and not charging". Not very helpful being a laptop.
It I pull the power out it lasts about 2 minutes with the battery icon saying "Unknown remaining"

Have read several things on the internet about the Lenovo software trying to manage the battery the battery charging and discharging process, but even if I switch it off but leave the power in it doesn't seem to charge at all. If the laptop is off with AC power left in, there is no charge light or anything.
Have tried removing the battery, booting up removing the battery entries in DevMgr but still no luck. It seems to recognise the battery but wont charge it.
There was some lenovo energy management software bundled in, which reported the battery was "good", I have removed that software to see if it was conflicting with anything, but still no luck.

Any other things to try?

Cheers,
Ed

Have a look in the BIOS to see if it has recognised the battery. Probably a dud battery, I had similar behaviour when I bought an after market battery that my laptop did not recognise as a dell one.

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Well called Lenovo gotta send it the battery off to be tested then another one can be issued if it is deemed faulty.