ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ktr quickshift

RenaultSport clio 182
has anyone fitted the ktr quickshift to their 182??? is it worth the money or do u know of any other cheaper better quickshifts????

Lionel Richie
there are no cons, they're very good K-tecs = B&M

an alternative is the one from BB (made to their own spec) very well engineered and very well machiened

i had one on my old rt, and it was sweet, only problem is that it kept popping out of reverse, but i was told by ktr that it was due to incorrect fitting, which was find, but they didn't remember the fact that they fitted about a week earlier,

RenaultSport clio 182
ok cheers for letting me know but k-tec's seem pricey anyone know of it cheaper anywhere??

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Given how crappy the synchros are on the Sport's gearbox I would have thought a quickshift mechanism was just a quicker way of destroying the synchros. And the better/quicker it works the quicker it destroys them. I've driven plenty of cars that could do with a faster gearbox action, but in the case of the Clio it seems the only way to save yourself regular expensive gearbox rebuilds is to change gears like you or its gearbox are geriatric.

Tesla MP3 2021
yeah ive got one on my 182....
i love it....i love the feel of the change and solid feel the each change.
and the main point is the throw is alot shorter which is alot easier.:)