ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knockhill next Sunday

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
As above. Anyone else going?

My new track wheels should finally arrive on Wednesday to means I will be able at last, to get along to one of these hot hatch days. I have done a few hot marques evenings, how do these hot hatch days differ? Ie. the quality of driving?

I've read various stories about guys being total tools.

ST
I've never been on but the days i've been along to watch, it seems to be a lot of 'tasty' boys who will happily kamikaze drive in their 500 brake evo, or on the other end of the scale then there's the wee bams in their clapped out corsa's going round with no regard at all.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I've never been on but the days i've been along to watch, it seems to be a lot of 'tasty' boys who will happily kamikaze drive in their 500 brake evo, or on the other end of the scale then there's the wee bams in their clapped out corsa's going round with no regard at all.

So essentially, keep your wits about ye and just watch whos behind ye?

Hot Hatch ones are notoriously wild. I'd steer clear if I were you!

Tends to be Corsa/Nova brigade.

Trackday Scotland is much better organised, no riff raff!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Hot Hatch ones are notoriously wild. I'd steer clear if I were you!

Tends to be Corsa/Nova brigade.

Trackday Scotland is much better organised, no riff raff!

I have signed up to their website. Hopefully there are some spaces left for their day.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Yeah, have a look on YouTube for some Hot Hatch day footage!

Yeah. Ive seen some already that have been pretty bad. But then have seen others were it looks not too bad.

Do you know how many people have booked onto the trackscotland day?

clio 182
They ain't that bad, I have done 2 now and its much better organised than it was. No more cones out for corners and the marshalls are on the ball wit blue flags etc.

Obviously the track scotland day will be better, but I have already signed on for the 7th and can't afford both!

If you do decide to do the hot hatch day I will see you there and I think I will be going on the 13th also but just to spectate

Excellent photos. I have bought my "ticket" for their day. Now looking forward to it.

I think it might be quieter this time round as well as a lot of the Lotus club are away to Spa for the weekend.. So you might get lucky. Just hope the weather holds up!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Do not go on a Hot Hatch day. They are allowed 40 cars on the track at any one time, cones all over the track. Idiots & heroes!!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Do not go on a Hot Hatch day. They are allowed 40 cars on the track at any one time, cones all over the track. Idiots & heroes!!

Yeah. Think I've talked myself outta going now. Have the trackscotland day to look forward to instead.

Skoda fabia Vrs

On the website says 5 sessions max of 30 cars per session over the course of the day mate

PH2 Track Car
never had a problem at hot hatch day. Max i have ever been in is session with twenty cars. soon learn who are the idiots and just keep out their way. no where near as bad as before. h3ppy might be up there see if we can get same session ;)

clio 182
Yea that would be good! Always nice to have some competition.

Drop me a pm, can get something sorted out!

White Sti Hatch
Might come along for a gander if you can on the Trackday Scotland date ?

Need to get myself a helmet so i can join in !

clio 182
its 12 till 4 mate, im going along to spectate as well weather dependant!

some impressive machines going, time attack car and various hill climb/sprint cars!!

White Sti Hatch
Well ill drop you a PM with my mobile closer to the time mate so give me a shout if your going to be heading down n ill tag along with you

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Well ill drop you a PM with my mobile closer to the time mate so give me a shout if your going to be heading down n ill tag along with you

You can come for a free spin (passenger ride) in the 200 if you like.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Just finished the first session at the hot hatch day and thought it was superb. Folk moved over no problem until we started to lap the slower guys then it got a little bit edgy. But as long as you have your wits about you its fine.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Was a good day after all. Good to meet a few new faces from here. Car performed superb with her new shoes on.

Cant wait until next outing now next week.

clio 182
Was a good day and good to meet everyone!

Shame we weren't in the same group could have had a good 'battle' and got longer to chat!

I will get my vids up once I fugure out how too, and I don't think anyone took pics, far too cold on the fingers!!

White Sti Hatch
Kinda wish id taken part but then again i know i would have broke the meg ! n prob not made if home after emptying the tank !

Definitely investing in a Helmet and getting to these in the new year !

As its been said good to meet the pair of you although i suck with names n have forgot already :slap:!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Any pics or vids mate?

Afraid not. My video camera was charged last night but flat this morning unfortunatly.

Was a good day and good to meet everyone!

Shame we weren't in the same group could have had a good 'battle' and got longer to chat!

I will get my vids up once I fugure out how too, and I don't think anyone took pics, far too cold on the fingers!!

Cold is an understatement. Was freezing. How many goes did you end up getting?

Kinda wish id taken part but then again i know i would have broke the meg ! n prob not made if home after emptying the tank !

Definitely investing in a Helmet and getting to these in the new year !

As its been said good to meet the pair of you although i suck with names n have forgot already :slap:!

I'm the same. Forgot them all already.