ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Keeping things light

172 Cup

I never normally venture into the ice section of the forums but i need some advice off you experts.

I am lucky enought to be swapping my 172 for a cup next week and have a little spare cash to upgrade the standard ice. But this is where it beomes tricky.

I want to be able to listen to stuff like Hard house/hard trance and be able to enjoy the bass lines but I dont want the added weight of a sub and box. Can some-one suggest a solution to the problem. The reason I have swapped to the cup is because its a more agile car and I dont want to weigh it down.

Griff

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

if you have loads of money you can get carbon sub boxes

focal do light speakers as do kenwood

a small 8 inch sub should provide enough bass and keep weight down

172 Cup

Anyone live around the West Mids who would like to help a fellow Cliosport member with a new system? Ive fitted amps etc.. before but this time I want a professional finish.

Lionel Richie

griff i live in the west midlands, ill give you a hand (i know what im doing, those irish screwdrivers are brilliant!!!)

How about one of those bass tubes??? Not the loudest, but they do the job???

Or one of the Auto acoutstics sub enclosers that fit the side of your boot wall so you still have all of your boot space (they are mainly fibreglass, so im guessing theyre fairly light!!)

172 Cup

I met you once Fred at the mids meet at junc 2 of the m5 about a year ago. Any help would be great!

172 Cup

I wouldnt call it downgrading myself mate. Nicer colour, nicer wheels, quicker, more agile, nicer induction noise and tbh honest who needs leather seats anyway??

I agree about the wheels and the colour but the performance gain will be neglible and I personally would miss things like abs, climate control, cd etc. Still, I look forward to seeing it! When do you get it?

How are you anyway mate? Not spoken or seen you for so long.

172 Cup

Get it this Friday from Sutton Park. Looks so nice in the flesh and sounds much more agressive.

Have to go out for a drive and a pint now the weathers getting better again.

Ok that would be excellent mate. Its a shame we drifted apart! Im going to look at a 200sx tonight. Sold my Clio yesterday. Feel a bit sad about it to be honest.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

cheap turbo rwd fun

plus it dont cost much to get 450bhp out of em

Hit the nail on the head tom. They are also really well specd. Nice interior, leather, stacker climate control etc.