ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-Tec Ultra Performance exhaust doesn´t fit...

Clio 182 BG
Hello,

yesterday my new exhaust arrived...and i was happy:D

today i removed the old one and started to fit the mid silencer, all was good...

then i go on with the end silencer and this doesn´t fit.

it seems to be to short the tailpipes are behind the bumper !

i´ve bought two new mounts but the endsilencer is to "high" or something else

so i´m very disapointed it sounds good but it looks like sh**t

some pictures:

is this the right position for the mounts???
if not please can you show me the right position

3bpxn9u2.png
8sl54hdz.png

gkhoo3hs.png

2w5kkjk3.png

Last edited:
  Clio 182 BG
i take some pictures later i´ve to go to work now:dapprove:

the mid silencer fit perfect to the cat the rubber mount at the mid silencer is alright too...

the pipes from the end to the mid silencer fits too

the back plate mount fits also

only the two aluminum mounts does´t fit and the tailpipes are a bit too short, maybe an inch or 1,5 or so

Tin Can with wheels
i see that ur are missin the drop plates that the mounts fit too... this would be why the system isn't fitting... the mounts don't fit directly to the floor....

i see that ur are missin the drop plates that the mounts fit too... this would be why the system isn't fitting... the mounts don't fit directly to the floor....

as above. The mounts should be built up away from the floor.

The system fitted perfectly on my car, with no adjustment or mount 'packing' needed at all.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
You should have received a seperate rear mount that sits behind the silencer and you can see this in this picture http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2419

The other 2 standard mounts bolt into the standard positions as if the standard exhaust is still fitted, and to gain some extra length you can adjust the sleeve joints at either end of the centre section.

David.

Clio 182 BG
@David : the rear mount is there and it fits.

but before i had a custom made exhaust without the stock mounts, so i buy new ones and now i know that there is something missing;)

i forgot the drop plates because i don´t know that there must be some:D

so monday i order some and then try it again

so thank you for your answers they help me a lot:hail:

Clio 182 BG
So back from holiday and my problem is still there:D

my stealer can´t find the parts i´m lookin for...

problem is i haven´t got the drop plates for the both exhaust mounts and so i can´t fix the exhaust properbly.

anyone have a part number for me or some good pictures so i can see the things to make some myself?

Fabian

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
This is the part that you should have had with the exhaust, Please can you confirm that this part has not been fitted or whoever fitted it hasn't disregarded it in error.

Regards

Bex

Last edited:
  Clio 182 BG
;)thank you but this is not the part i´m searching for.

this part is still there and it fits perfectly...

I doesn´t have the two "spacers" or "drop plates" that will be above the two standart mounts;) and that is the problem.

the old exhaust wasn´t the original system and it had custom mounts for the end silencer, so i don´t have any original mounts or parts from the stock exhaust:S

and so the both original mounts won´t fit because there is too much space between them and the metal