ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

k-tec fast road brakes

i am gonna uprate my brakes with the k-tec fast road discs (balanced, vented and cross-drilled) and kevlar pads. But i know there are problems replacing the standard discs with valver discs in that you need a new caliper - will i need a new one for the k-tec one?

FRST and 106 GTi

dont know.. just know that std RT caliper brakes on 238mm disc. Valver brakes on 259mm.

i spoke to David yesterday - if you get the fast road brakes for an RT they are not vented, just straight swap x-drilled replacements for the std ones.

should i save a bit more and get bigger brakes (valver caliper,discs) in your opinions?

Well is your engine standard? Theres no point wasting money if you dont need to. How aggressively do you brake? If youre as bad as me you could upgrade further like you said as it means youll be overall a faster chappy :devilish:

hmm...i reckon im gonna get just the straight swap, im not that aggressive as a driver but just want that extra stopping power if i need it...and with the sh*t drivers around at the minute waiting to pull out on you at any minute, i reckon i need it :mad:

will the x-drilled (with kevlar pads) improve performance much or is it just to stop brake fade?