ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just looking for opinions

I'm looking to buy a Clio 200 brand new as I have just turned 21, and wondered what everyone thought of my choices.

Clio 200 FF in Glacier White or Racing Blue, I'm edging towards Glacier White, but I wish they still did it in Storm Grey or Mercury

Extras:

Cup Pack
Recaros
Black Speedlines
GT Rear Spoiler
Bluetooth
RenaultSport Monitor
Folding Mirrors
Cornering Lights
Privacy Glass

Is there anything that you guys / gals would add or take away from what I am thinking?

Paul.

Don't like white cars and I'm (apparently) the one person on Gods green earth who likes Clios but doesn't like racing blue.

Probably wouldn't bother with the cornering lights myself. Not sure which the GT spoiler is tbh. Other than that, sounds okay.

Welcome btw.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Dont buy new unless you can afford the depreciation

Buy a used one with high spec

RB or SG with Cup chassis, Recaros, Speedlines & cup spoiler as a minimum

S

I am doing it on a PCP as I used to work for Renault in the Sales Department and this is the best way of getting into a brand new car, unless you have £20k in your back pocket.

The other reason with buying a new one is I get to have exactly what I want, and know that nobody else has ragged it around apart from the techs.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
dont spec the GT spoiler-

the projector lamps improve the front end appearence no end!

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Same age as me, if you want one get one... end of the day it's all down to personal choice.

Listerine & Poledo
White (no Liquid Yellow option?)
Spoiler and any more Renault-approved bodytrimmings that they've got in the book
And slack off the RS monitor, Nav is far more useful unless you're buying it as a pure racer.

Of course, that's if it were my money, which it's not, go with what YOU want fella and welcome aboard!

I would go for the sat nav if it wasn't a £500 option and the monitor is only £120 and for all the stuff that you get on it I see that as a better investment when you can buy a TomTom system for £80 now. And I was thinking about the liquid yellow but it is so expensive for what it is and you wouldn't get the money back when you come to sell it on. I don't like the carbon body trimmings that they do, and also the cup spoiler looks far to over the top as I want it to look sporty and not like a young racer has bought it and thrashed it. If they still did anthracite pack then it would be liquid yellow no doubt, but I will be ordering it next month to get it for delivery to be for the new September registration.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Total agreement. The tomtom system is good (for the moment) but its already out of date and costs £400 more than its better speccd aftermarket cousin.

The monitor will always perform the same and is a far better purchase in the long term.

SG9 Forester STi
The monitor is definitely a good call. I swear I'm the only person who likes the cup spoiler. I think the car looks naked without it lol.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
The monitor is definitely a good call. I swear I'm the only person who likes the cup spoiler. I think the car looks naked without it lol.

You're not alone, I wouldn't have one without the spoiler, but it's all personal taste.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
No cup spoiler.

Not white. Red if you like it, if not the Racing Blue. It's a hell of a shame they don't do Storm Grey anymore, best colour for a Clio ever.

Listerine & Poledo

I'm all for the full RS bodykit, so I agree with the spoiler. The y0! meter though...... nah.

I don't like the cup spoiler as it looks far too much, almost verging on the ostentatious levels of the Focus RS Mk2, the GT spoiler looks sporty as well as subtle at the same time, without a spoiler just looks like it is a replica and they haven't fitted it, but I hardly ever do long distance journeys so the sat nav system is completely pointless to me and I already have a tomtom as well, and the monitor is just a bit of fun and lets you know when the car is up to temperature.

But like the post was set up for it is all about opinion and if storm grey was still available then that would be the colour or even albi blue, but with Renault being Renault they always get rid of the decent colours and keep pointless ones, like Pearl White. All my opinion though.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I don't like the cup spoiler as it looks far too much, almost verging on the ostentatious levels of the Focus RS Mk2, the GT spoiler looks sporty as well as subtle at the same time, without a spoiler just looks like it is a replica and they haven't fitted it, but I hardly ever do long distance journeys so the sat nav system is completely pointless to me and I already have a tomtom as well, and the monitor is just a bit of fun and lets you know when the car is up to temperature.

But like the post was set up for it is all about opinion and if storm grey was still available then that would be the colour or even albi blue, but with Renault being Renault they always get rid of the decent colours and keep pointless ones, like Pearl White. All my opinion though.

Very much a gimmick! As far as I know the Clio's don't have an oil sender meaning that the monitor is calculating an estimate of the oil temp from the water temp. So not accurate in the slightest.

And as for colours, no idea why they got rid of Storm or Alien... makes no sense at all. & as for Pearl White, depends I've got PW but that's because every man & their dog has glacier and I wanted something different so for me not pointless at all.

Last edited:
With the colours they should have got rid of one of the white paints, getting rid of glacier would have been a better choice than AG or SG as it would make a white 200 a far rarer beast, if I could afford another £1,300 for Pearl White then I would, but it is just another extra cost that I don't need. UR does look good but only when you have it with the black speedlines.

What is everyone thoughts on the Carbon dash? Is it worth it?

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I didn't personally bother with the carbon dash with the fear that with it not being real CF it would look naff.

It also with the standard dash being the same kind of colour, the only thing that I don't like is the fact that the door handles aren't colour coded but if the car is white it isn't a massive deal.

Changed my mind on the colour completely due to thinking that white is such a cliche car colour, I have now decided to go for Nimbus because when it is detailed it looks the dogs b****cks!