ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just fitted

996 Carrera

Where did you get the M850MP from?

Im thinking about having this or the MP70 (from a Renault dealer so I dont have to fit it).

Pics of the ABP in action would be good.

How long did it take to fit?

Cheers,

G

Blaupunkt and kenwood also do leads that will work with renault remote and display, i personally do not like kenwood and blaupunkt i dont know much about, so sony is probably a good stereo to use with original remote and display.

Monkeymagic, you could probably buy the M850MP then take it to renault for them to fit, im sure they will at a price!! the M850MP will prob cost you less than what you could get the MP70 from the renault dealer!

Lionel Richie

monkey, dont buy it off Renault, thats almost as bad as going to Halfords, theyll rip you off!!!! Mail order is SO much cheaper. Renault can only just about build cars, god knows how theyll fit a stereo!!!!

yeah monkey get it from mail order, then go to a local car/Ice shop and they will fit it for about £15. Well thats what i did and saved a package.

996 Carrera

Easy Fred!

Renault are charging £325 plus fitting for the MP70.

This includes the display/stalk control adaptor (~£50).

Check the thread http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=32053&SearchPagePosition=1&search=mp70&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Thread&forum=2&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Searchhere that ran a couple of weeks ago.

Not so much of a rip-off all things considered.

MCS-direct are charging £282 for the MP80 which I assume is this years model update. Remember youd need the adaptor as well.

Works out about the same as Renault.

The only variable is Renaults charge for fitting.

However, MCS list the M850 for £249 so it looks like I might be persuaded to go for that anyway.

Now I just need to decide to go for this or a quick shift kit!

Decisions decisions.

fitting a headunit is a piece of piss mate! I did mine in literally 30 secs. disconnect the battery first. then all you need is a coathanger to cut two 3" lengths off of and bend these into a u-shape to make a diy extraction tool. Put these in the holes in the front of your standard HU and squeeze em towards each other while pulling outwards. Then the headunit pops out no problem. Then you bung in the cage for the new head unit, connect up the wires, including the remote controls adaptor if you have one, (this might mean you need to reach round the back of the head unit and fiddle about a bit, but nothing too bad) then you slide in the HU and roberts your mams bro.

Monkey: I got the M850MP from the same place http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/focus.php3?partno=CDXM850MPhttp://www.incarexpress.co.uk/focus.php3?partno=CDXM850MP I prob paid a little over the ods for it but I wanted to get it asap so I pre ordered it and they were the only ones taking orders at the time (Early March).

It took about 20 mins to fit with the adapter, but I did have to fittle around with it all for a while to be able to push the headunit back coz of the extra wires and adaptors.

Ill get some pics done at the weekend and post them on Tuesday