ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

"It's french..."

Clio Mk2 1.2 Dynamique
439px-Brigitte_Bardot.jpg

Its French? well so is this!!

Ph1
Cant see it tbh, 246bhp and four wheel drive.

He either cant drive or left the handbrake on, or both...:rolleyes:

No this is fact, not fiction. See Crail website for more info. 3 sprints and he couldnt get near me. His car was standard, mine was running 181 bhp at the time.

R32's weigh 1.5 tonne add to that the transmission loss and the difference in performance is a lot closer than you think.

Mid to high 14's is the typical for a R32 with the odd one running low 14's

Last edited:
  Clio Mk3
I get people saying this as well tbh. I've just given up arguing with them tbh. When they know jack shite about cars i can't even be bothered to argue with them. Most of them even personally know of one that have had serious issues, let alone even driven one. I mean at the end of the day all i can ever remember is my mum having Renaults and Peugeots and never had any serious issues with any of them. I mean with my Mk3 i have the issue of the break lights not coming on when the brakes where on, but that was just a short trip to the garage, they said the switch had broken, put a new one in and that was that, it was done under warranty as well. That could have happened to any car though tbh. But obviousy when i mentioned it to people, they just said "that's French cars for you." I mean wtf?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
No this is fact, not fiction. See Crail website for more info. 3 sprints and he couldnt get near me. His car was standard, mine was running 181 bhp at the time.

R32's weigh 1.5 tonne add to that the transmission loss and the difference in performance is a lot closer than you think.

Mid to high 14's is the typical for a R32 with the odd one running low 14's

Fair play and good comments. I just thought these launched very well due to the 4wd?

Id love to see both go round a track!

Ph1
Fair play and good comments. I just thought these launched very well due to the 4wd?

Id love to see both go round a track!

Up and running the R32 would tank most Clio's due to the extra CC's and torque but its a big heavy car and isnt at its best doing standing starts up a quarter mile with all the weight to shift and the tranny losses too :)

Again on a track i cant see it being all too clever down to the weight but not sure, never seen one on

Every Clio II I've ever seen has a misaligned passenger door. The LHD ones have a misaligned drivers door. Only the french would build a car for several years without addressing a body fit issue like this. Clearly the bodyside/framing tooling needed addressing, or the door hangings adgusting...only the French would not notice (care) about such a quality issue for years on end. the very last 182s had the same issues as the very first.

They're French! ;) It's how they do it over there :)

Clio 197
Just to say that my friend's TT 3.2 DSG rattles and squeaks a bit...

...although it's a few years old now.

That said, I'd like to see which French 4-WD with an auto-box is still running 6 years on?? ;)

Anyways... I got rid of my 182 after two years (60,000 miles). It was still in great condition, but only because it was very carefully looked after. I wonder whether it would have been just as good after 80k though?

LOL at Clarkson on dave just now.

"You can't have the Megane, I had one the other day and my kids reduced it to its component parts in 8 minutes flat"

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
some ones watching topgear on dave.

here is a good one the new ka is already being recalled as has the kuga. we recieved the recall on etis before we recieved the ka lol.