ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this £100 well spent?

Mini JCW
Looking to place another small order on CYC and have built up the following list :

- Chemical Guys Strong Wash (Bug Bugger) - £5.95
- Megs Last touch 5l - £18.95
- Foam Lance - £44.95
- Valet Pro Snow Foam 1l - £5.95
- Zaino Z18 Claybar - £14.95
- Megs last touch bottle and standard sprayer - £3.20

(plus VAT and del comes to just under £100)

Any reccomendations of the above products or alternatives you would reccomend?

This is to be coupled with my current kit (below) btw :

Megs Shampoo Plus
Miracle Dryer
Bilberry wheel cleaner
Sonus LWM
Collonite 476s
AG Tyre Dresser
AG Fast Glass
AG Engine cleaner
AG SRP
Carlack NSC paint cleanser
Powercraft APC
Poorboys wheel sealant
Megs wheelbrush plus small round detailing brush

Any obvious omissions?

Cheers

Anthony

Porsche Boxster987S
seems like a decent list. Dont fall into the trap of spending money on things you dont need though

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Can't believe I wasn't consulted first :(

1L of the snowfoam won't last all that long. I've not been all that impressed with the ph-neutral tbh, I'd be tempted to try something like the bilt hamber auto foam instead.

Clay wise I'd go bilt hamber again, I've only tried the hard stuff but its awesome.

Mini JCW
Yer.

The best buy is the snow foamer!

Thats the main reason for this order tbh:eek:

seems like a decent list. Dont fall into the trap of spending money on things you dont need though

I know what you mean, I wont be buying anything additional after this - just top-up and replacement orders.

Can't believe I wasn't consulted first :(

1L of the snowfoam won't last all that long. I've not been all that impressed with the ph-neutral tbh, I'd be tempted to try something like the bilt hamber auto foam instead.

Clay wise I'd go bilt hamber again, I've only tried the hard stuff but its awesome.

Lol:rasp:

The only reason for ordering it all through CYC initially is it will be delivered together - not got time to be waiting around for 2 orders! I'll definitly order BH next time though.

A few items have changed on the list :

CG Bug Bugger changed to Dodo Juice Sour Power
Zaino changed to fine poly clay
Added a 3 pack of Eurow double densoty towels too - unless you can reccomend alternatives to these?

Cheers

Anthony

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Keep the bug bugger, you will need it now! And its great stuff, bugs just melt down with this! Makes my job of washing our aeroplanes + my car much easier! ;) sour power is fab, i use it as a foam mix :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^Yep. Mind Anything other PH balanced water removes wax!! Hence re-application.

I've got the poorboys bug stuff...Average tbh! Bit of a gimic!!

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
If you're ordering from CYC I'd look at the sonus clay. The fine polyclay is average at best IMO.

Interesting. I would say the other way around . . .

Funny how personal experience changes opinions fella :)

Mini JCW

Ouch - sounds pretty agressive then! Anything you would reccomend to add to the SSF for the prewash? I'm going to give Dodo Juice Sour Power a try i think otherwise :)

If you're ordering from CYC I'd look at the sonus clay. The fine polyclay is average at best IMO.

Just how much better is the BH compared to the sonus / polyclay / zaino offerings? Also in what way is one clay better then another? Is it based on the lift of contamination off the paintwork? Any other factors?

Interesting! Stuck for what to choose now! Want to get this order in tonight.

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member

It was ok, just nowhere near as impressive as the bh. Could of been that the car was too contaminated for the polyclay to deal with it as well as the bh did.

Just how much better is the BH compared to the sonus / polyclay / zaino offerings? Also in what way is one clay better then another? Is it based on the lift of contamination off the paintwork? Any other factors?

It's difficult to compare the hard bh to the others mentioned as it's more for heavily contaminated cars, whereas others like the fine polyclay are better for cars with minor contamination. I'd suggest the soft bh, but I've never used it so can't compare it to the others.

Sonus green is decent enough, only used it once but it was good. Never used the zaino so can't give an opinion on that either!

I'll give you some of my bh and some of the i4d orange stuff to try next time I see you if you don't order before then :)

Mini JCW
Cheers for the advice, in the end ordered Foamlance, SSF, DJ Sour Power, Megs LT / dispenser / bottle / sprayer, eurow plush towels, sonus green clay - should be here wednesday all being well :)

Now considering another wax to add to the collonite 476 I have - i'm considering victoria wax either collectors or concours wax - any alternatives or experience with these two?

Thanks again

Anthony

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

I use Einzsett bug summat and that doesnt do anything to wax, but i didi diluite it

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Now considering another wax to add to the collonite 476 I have - i'm considering victoria wax either collectors or concours wax - any alternatives or experience with these two?

Collectors is supposed to give a slightly better finish over the concours but doesn't have quite the same durability. Ive used the concours before and it's decent enough, although I don't know if I'd buy it if I already had 476S to use. Definately much easier to apply/remove than 476S though, and can be applied by hand!

Maybe look at the likes of swissvax onyx if you're after something a little more 'special' for summer use? Although if you want to spend less then the vics is a good choice tbh :)

I can say that the Onyx is a good shout.

Collinites wax 476 is a good wax for wheels and for those that won't be topping up soon. But as a detailer's wax it really does dull the paint work quite a bit chaps :)

Porsche Boxster987S
swissvax best of show ;) = awesome

DSC_0001-1.jpg

DSC_0002-1.jpg