ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ipod capable headunit

E87 118d M Sport
Hey Guys,

I'm after a headunit for the 172.

I originally wanted a tunerlist / updatelist so i could plug in the £12 adaptor and...(cut a long story short) ive decided (as the standard ones wont accomodate what i want) to delve into the world of the new.....

so this is what i want.

- a relatively cheap and cheerful headunit that looks nice (not cheap and plasticy)
-MUST be able to have an ipod plugged into it (preferably into the back with a cable running into the glovebox)
-MUST be capable of having the steering wheel stalk cable plugged in (which i need to get)
-MUST be able to allow my parrot bluetooth unit to plug into (and mute when the phone rings etc
-MUST work with UK radio (FM) as i know alot of the cheap ones off ebay from oversees dont.

would also very much like it if the controls on the headunit controlled the ipod. so i dont have to scroll the ipod when driving etc.

if anyone has any info, i would reali appreciate it!! :).

thanks for your time!!

-Mark

E87 118d M Sport
to be honest i want to know whats available.
would ideally be around the hundred quid mark, but i very much doubt it.

so realistically any suggestion sub £200 would be looked into.

sony would be nice as a friend might be able to get some discount.

cheers

Slooooow Ass 1.2
BassJunkies have the Alpine CDA-9880R on special offer of £129.99 instead of usual £179.99 at the mo aswell. So this seems you best option.

E87 118d M Sport
and that does all the things in my MUST category! you are both truly fkin legends!!!
i'll keep you posted on the progress (possible xmas pressie etc) SWEET!!!

E87 118d M Sport
cheers warren! i'll have to see if the budget stretches. CD playback isnt essential i spose.
thanks again!

Astra SRI CDTI,Hornet FA8
Ive got an Alpine CDA-9844R which im well impressed with. Sound quality is good with the ipod and searching for songs/artists/whatever you want... is dead easy and fast. Looks ok too. I paid ~£185 for it I think and its worth every penny.

Its been in Ibiza since I bought it, will be fitting it to the Clio as soon as I get the car. Not sure about the steering controls, I tried doing it with my Ibiza - bought the 'correct' cables but didn't want to work. Might look into it again for the Clio.

Megane 225 F1
i have the ida x-100 and i love it. i wouldnt recomend any other hu for ipod. its like im actually using my ipod. and the screen looks amazin and can see album artwork...brillant XD

also i found out tht you can change the light colour behind the buttons last nite...2 red. wow!! blue stil looks better but its nice 2 have a change :p

Astra SRI CDTI,Hornet FA8
i have the ida x-100 and i love it. i wouldnt recomend any other hu for ipod. its like im actually using my ipod. and the screen looks amazin and can see album artwork...brillant XD

also i found out tht you can change the light colour behind the buttons last nite...2 red. wow!! blue stil looks better but its nice 2 have a change :p
I was going to get the x-100 but... dunno kind of felt as though I still needed a CD player for some reason! And it doesn't come with the full speed cable in the box :dapprove:

Megane 225 F1
i personally dont mind not having a cd player becasue all my music is on my ipod. and the full speed data cable is only necessary if you have a really old ipod. any of the ipods in the recent 3 years will work at full speed with the cable included (i questioned alpine about this as i was 2 worried about it)

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Hey sorry to hi-jack your thread but I didn't see the point in making another one basically asking the same question. I'm in need of a cheapish iPod capable headunit, I won't be using it for anything else bar the USB port on it but I want new door speakers and a pair of 6x9's for the parcel shelf too. I take it I'll need an amp to power them with? I don't have a clue about wiring so I just wanted to know if I could order something off the net that would work as well as the ridiculously expensive piece of equipment the local car audio place would try to tell me that I needed.

It would all need to be relatively cheapish, would I be able to get all of it for say under £150? I'm not looking for top of the range equipment here. Also what order would you guys recommend getting them in because I won't be able to splash that amount of cash in one go.

Cheers for the help in advance!

EDIT: My car is a MK2 Phase 1 1998. It's got an original Cassette/radio headunit in it.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Head unit first - Any of the above. the 9880R Cheaper and the other can be had for 150 if you look around...

you dont need an amp to power any speakers. it will give the speakers more power but id suggest just buying good quality speakers and 6 x 9s.

Wiring - piece of piss really

I was going to get the x-100 but... dunno kind of felt as though I still needed a CD player for some reason! And it doesn't come with the full speed cable in the box :dapprove:

you do get the cable mate, its an add on that plugs into the usb lead on the back of the unit to an ipod connector! i've got the x-100 as well, its awesome, my opinion was if i have an ipod i dont need cd's:)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
that HU is w**k.

If i were you i would wait. no point buying s**t as you will be spending 150 quid and the audio system will just sound standard. spend 150 on the hu, wait till pay day, spend abit on speakers, pay day, spend on some comps...

If you MUST have it all for 150 then stick to names like kenwood, pioneer, alpine, jvc, sony. avoid ripspeed, fli and all those no name shite

E87 118d M Sport
ok guys. so say i get the Alpine CDA-9880R for around £120, what cables do i need?

i presume the cable for the steering wheel stalk is one that needs to be fitted? or is it a connection that is behind the headunit by default?
and where do most people have their cables going? by the cigarette lighter, or through the glovebox?

E87 118d M Sport
cheers for the link mate.

not on swindon road mate, but i work at kingsditch so would of been closeby!

E87 118d M Sport
its got everything i asked for and is relatively cheap. doenst look too bad either!
you got any other suggestions? as im still researching

200 Cup in Shite White
does the ida x-100 work with steering wheel controls anyone know? i have a mk3 with it and need a head unit also, this one looks awesome