ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone HELP please!!!!!

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
I normally hate these threads but i need help lol

My girlfriend has the latest 3GS with the most recent updates. Recently when she tries to open an app it flicks open and closes very quickly, deeming it unusable. These are Safari, email, app store and a few games,

Went to the Genius bar and the guy suggested we restored it to factory settings. As a new phone. So tonight i plug the bad boy in to restore it. 5 minutes later after the restore had finished the iPhone screen has the connect to iTunes screen and iTunes has this screen while plugged in. I have no idea how to fix it. I think its in recovery mode so when i try to restore again it comes up with the exact same screen. Thanks in advance to anyone that can offer any advice.

ScreenShot2011-09-04at230423.gif

Audi Q7, Avalanche
Was your GF's phone jailbroken? Have you tried to 'jail brake' the phone... not sure if this can be done without the correct SIM card in it.

If it wasn't jailbroken, i would perhaps call the carrier and see if they can match the sim card and the IMEI number on the account. I'd also try to restore it again just incase it fubard when doing it last time.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Was your GF's phone jailbroken? Have you tried to 'jail brake' the phone... not sure if this can be done without the correct SIM card in it.

If it wasn't jailbroken, i would perhaps call the carrier and see if they can match the sim card and the IMEI number on the account. I'd also try to restore it again just incase it fubard when doing it last time.

The phone has never been jailbroken and this is a replacement phone from apple themselves about 2 months ago. Has worked fine since the replacement until this mentioned issue a week ago. She's not really keep on jail breaking it. She just wants a working phone. If i went into Apple would they be able to fix it or replace the phone?

Audi Q7, Avalanche
Usually, if they have replaced the phone with a new one (they are refurbished) it will be under the same warranty as the original. So for example, if you are less than 12months in and have replaced the phone, the new phone doesn't come with another 12months it usually comes with the same warranty as the original phone. If you are out of warranty and yet have Apple Care, they should simply swap it out for you free of charge. Most of the time the genius bar wants to see if resets and restores work as its easy and solves many issues... however, i cannot see why they would not give you another phone... unless you do not have any manufacturers warranty left or Apple Care coverage... which in that case, i would still take it in and explain its a replacement phone 2 months old etc... and have them set it up there and then or demand a replacement ..... ;)

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Every time you go into the Apple Store and they ask you if you've restored it, say yes. Ball ache otherwise.