ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance help

172cup
Basically the car is a 2001 1.2 8v mk2 ph2.
Got my test wednesday and been looking at a few different sites and comparison sites but cheapest iv found is £2.1K thats with my mum and dad on the insurance also but in my own name on third party fire and theft, looking to pay monthly to.

Tried all the major companies confused, compare etc.....

Need some help with cheap companies.

Phone numbers and links would be ace.

Cheers Nick

Alright mate, car insurance is a b**ch. standard.

I've found the cheapest to be admiral, I got a £1350 quote in my own name on a 1.4 clio 2003. With a one year introductory no claims bonus.

I passed my test last September at the age of 18 and have been driving a Fiat GP 2007 and the insurance is £700 with aviva with my mum and dad as main drivers and me as a named driver but accumulating no NCB.

So my advice is if you arnt going to go excessive with mods and that it kinda looks like a car your parents might drive then put them as main drivers, technically you should only be driving 3 or 4 times a week in it but I havnt crashed to date touch wood so have never had to worry about claiming.

In fairness you arn't going to get a very good quote having passed your test no matter how you do it. Hope this helps

My girlfriend has just recently passed her test and bought a new clio (60 plate) 1.2 S and she is just on 1k mark for full comp with her mum as a named driver. I am also with them on my Megane with both parents and pay under 600 just getting my 1 YNC this month.

We are both with Aviva.

I've always found it cheaper to be fully comp than TPFT for some reason.

Call up Bell, and Co Op, they have always been cheapest for me. Comparison sites are s**t, and phoning up is always better.

Don't listen to the above, fronting is just a waste of time, if you want cheaper insurance in the future. Not to mention illegal. (Those additional driver NCB things are b****cks too!)

Other than that, we all had to pay it unfortunately, just keep your mileage down, don't mod, keep your nose clean and next year it'l drop.

172cup
My girlfriend has just recently passed her test and bought a new clio (60 plate) 1.2 S and she is just on 1k mark for full comp with her mum as a named driver. I am also with them on my Megane with both parents and pay under 600 just getting my 1 YNC this month.

We are both with Aviva.

Just tried aviva and got it down to £2039 getting cheaper :D

Good mate, try giving them a call mate some people get cheaper insurance when they call them direct but im not sure as I have only done it via the internet. Also try Quinn Direct.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Admiral, Bell and Elephant have always been cheapest for me since I started driving (6 years ago). I just bounce between the three. Put my mum and aunt as named drivers, £500 excess (I'd be paying for any damage under that myself) and I'm away. Don't think I've ever paid more than £650.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
try elephant or bell, they do a 10 month bonus accelerator that drops the price down a fair way... put your mileage on 4000 a year too ( or something low) and say its garaged ha, every little helps

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
try elephant or bell, they do a 10 month bonus accelerator that drops the price down a fair way... put your mileage on 4000 a year too ( or something low) and say its garaged ha, every little helps

Keeping it on the street is cheaper and so is a 12 month policy.

Don't go with a 9/10/11 month policy it means f**k all!

12 month or nothing. You'd be very lucky if other companies accept anything else.

172cup
Cheers for all the comments tried aviva again and put my mum and dad on the insurance also and its down to £1930 :) getting better im going to give them a call and see if i can get it any cheaper.